Chapter 3: Only you

Chapter 3

"A-Xian...?what is wrong...?"
Jiang Yanli asked Wei Ying worried...

But at that time few Lan disciples carried a person who was attacked using Yin Metal...

Wei Ying stepped back like he had seen a ghost...The extent of resentment became too much for him to handle and he fell backwards...

Lan Zhan rushed towards him and caught him as he fell...
"Wei Ying..."
That was the last thing he heard before he lost consciousness...

**************
"Wei Ying..."
Wei Wuxian could hear a voice call him...

He wanted to respond but he was lost...like the time he was thrown into burial mounds...Darkness and resentment were swallowing him...

It was swallowing the life coursing through his body as it enveloped the golden core inside him...

Wei Ying felt suffocated...

"Help..."
Wei Ying shouted reaching out...
But there was no way out...

Everything had gone still before Wei Wuxian like it had at the bottom of the cliff...

"I don't want this...I don't want this..."
Wei Ying kept mumbling to himself feeling the resentment from the Yin Metal surged through him...

A screen appeared before him and announced...

"Sorry...you have no choice...can't change the basic character traits...Wei Wuxian, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation..."
It said...

"But I didn't get these powers until much later...why are you torturing me now...?"
He shouted at it...

"You had already unlocked those powers in your past life...it is there with you along with your memories...but don't worry...what happened just now is a character integration...and mostly everything will happen in the same order as it happened before unless you change the pace...you need to obtain an important artifact and also go through a couple of stages to attain the full powers of Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation..."
The system said...

"I don't want this...i don't want to be the Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation...i don't want to be the Yiling Patriarch...please take it back..."
Wei Ying pleaded..

"If the protagonist refuses to accept the character...the system will collapse...and you will be transported back...Everything will move forward...the dead will remain dead...and the living will continue their life like it was destined to be and the story will take another turn..."
The system said...

"Do you want to terminate...?"
"Yes"
"No"

Meaning he would go back to the world where Shiji was dead..where Jin Rulan will grow up without his mother and father...
No...He can't let that happen...
Wei Ying thought to himself...

"No..."
He said to the "system"...

"Remember...You can change certain events to change the end results...but the overall structure can't be changed...how you work with it and change the past is up to you..."
It added and then disappeared...

***********
"Brother...help...Something is happening to Wei Ying's golden core...The resentment...it is corrupting his core..."
Lan Zhan said desperately...

"Wanji....The resentment surging through Young Master Wei is too much...Even his powerful golden core and the song of clarity aren't helping...If this continues...He will Qi deviate..."
Lan Xichen said to his brother who was holding Wei Wuxian in his arms while transferring Qi...