Chapter 25 (Saved)

Chapter 25
Saved

Allistair's P.O.V
My eyes widened when I felt the ground shaking. I look at my surroundings and feel it as my eyes widened more when I realized what is happening now.

'There's an earthquake!'

When I remembered my hardheaded wife, who is sick, that is currently out of my sight, I immediately took my keys on our room and went outside of our house as I enter my car. Sinuksok ko na ang susi sa kotse at pinaandar ito ng mabilis na halos paliparin ko na kung pwede lang.

I took my phone when I heard it rang. Tinignan ko kung sino ang tumatawag at nakitang si Angeline ito. I sigh as I answered the call and put it in my ears to hear what she's about to say.

'It should be important!'

[Lucas!] she exclaimed and I sighed again.

'There she goes again, acting like she's not strong enough to protect herself even if we both know that she can, acting like she need a superhero to rescue her'.'

"I know you can handle yourself there, Angeline. My wife needs me more than you do." I said without hesitating.

[Lucas, I need you too! Please! I know Zahara doesn't need you!] she beg and what she have said in the last line irritates me. My jaw clench as my grip to the steering wheel and to my cellphone went tighter.

"Don't act weak and stupid when you are talking to me or when you are with me, Angeline. Your act won't work on me. And even my wife doesn't need me, I will still be there for her." hindi ko na napigilang inis na sabi ko at pinatay ang tawag.

'She's always making me piss off with her actions and words!'

I called Rain but she didn't answer the call. I try it again, again, again, again and again but she didn't respond that made me nervous even more.

'Damn! Answer the phone, wife!'

I immediately stepped on the break when a tree fell infront of my car. I gasped for an air because I felt like I lose air because of what happened earlier. I closed my eyes and inhaled some air to calm my heart which is currently beating so fast right now.

'That was close! Shit!'

I tried to dialed her number again. It took minutes before she finally answered my call. I smiled in so much happiness knowing that she's still there, alive and safe. I felt relived knowing that she's safe.

But my nervous came back and my smile faded when something came into my mind.

'It's not the doctors or nurses who answered the phone right? She's safe right?'

[Alli-Allistair...] it's like someone throw a bucket of ice to me when I heard her voice calling me, it was weak and trembling like she's enduring something.

"Wife! Wife, where are you? Please tell me where you are. Baby, please." I pleased.

'I'm worried! I'm damn worried about my wife! My mind is telling me that she is in trouble and I hate myself because I wasn't there for her to save her!'

'Fuck! I'm so useless!'

[Take care of them, Alli-Allistair.] she murmured, almost pleasing. I murmured so many curses when I heard of what she just said.

'Was she talking about our family? Why is she saying it to me? Why is she making me feel that she was about to leave me? And this time, it will be for good.'