Far From the Empire *Edited 2/12/24*

Screeaach!

Evelina jolted awake from the harsh sound of the cell opening. Suddenly a tray of food was dumped on the floor in front of her haphazardly.

"Wake Up Bitch! We are taking you somewhere, so hurry up and eat!" The same guard that insulted her last night said.

Evelina looked at the tray. The bowl fell to the side, so about half the slop fell onto the floor.

"You have 5 minutes!" The guard then left shortly.

Still sitting cross-legged, Evelina took the bowl and eat.

This food doesn't have any taste, but I must consume whatever I can to stay alive. She thought. Quickly she ate the food.

"Time's up!" The guard appeared again with a piece of rope. He harshly grabbed her arm, making her dropped the bowl and stand up, then tied her hands up tight.

"Why are you tying my hands?! That really hurts!" She yelled at him in pain.

"To prevent any funny business. So shut the hell up and be quiet!" The rude guard ordered.

He led her out of the dungeon's passageway with quick steps, basically dragging the girl with him. A moment later, they are outside the palace gates without seeing anyone in sight. By the gate, there is a red horse drawn carriage, with Anton as the driver.

The guard pulling Evelina opened the door of the carriage and pushed her in, he went inside after.

"You better be quiet during this journey or else I will ruin that pretty face of yours," he threatened. "Do I make myself clear?"
Scared, Evelina nodded.

The carriage began to move.
As Anton drove, Evelina just looked out the window to see some of the sights of this new world. When she transmigrated, she retained all of the former Evelina's memories. From the novel, the world is a medieval fantasy setting. That means magic and magical creatures exist. The humans of this world can be born with a magic element. The magic elements are Fire, Water, Thunder, Air, Earth, Dark, and Light. Dark and light are very rare. Earth is considered very weak. Anyone born with an element, whether nobles or commoners, must attend magic schools such as the Draconian Royal Academy. Magic elements are randomly selected from birth, so the same elements are not passed through bloodlines or that it doesn't have to be genetic. Those without magic elements are treated like outcasts. Those people are forced to live outside the empire in an area called the Outcast Territory. By passing by many towns and villages, she can see the houses and other buildings are like traditional German style. There are many stalls selling produce, meat, handicrafts, and so on. Evelina can also see some people utilizing their elements, like a person washing a horse with water magic or blowing fire from their mouth to grill meat( Would that be considered disgusting? Fire out of a person's mouth to cook?).

The journey lasted a few hours. Evelina would guess between 2 to 3 hours had passed. The carriage have a trunk with travel rations to eat. There are stops for taking breaks, doing their business, or the royal guards switching places to drive. When they drove through a forest, there were occasional encounters of weak ogres. They were defeated quickly with Anton's thunder element and the rude guard's fire element. Evelina was in awe at their display of magic and fighting skills. Anton had shot thunder out of his sword while the other guard threw fireballs from his hands.

Evelina became uncomfortable when it became Anton's turn to stay inside the carriage with her. While the rude guard faces away from Evelina when he sat in the carriage with her, because it was his turn to drive, Anton on the other hand stares at her like a creep. She couldn't recall the former Evelina ever interacted with him.

He is giving me the creeps. She thought.

The carriage made its final stop on top of a huge hill. Anton opened the door and escorted Evelina out of the carriage. He cut the rope tied to her hands. She walked over to the edge of the hill. She can see a view of what looks like a village.

"Why are we here?" She asked, looking over the landscape before her.

For the first time, Anton spoke.
"This hill overlooks some villages kept outside the empire. What you see is called Beggar's Village. We were ordered to bring you to which ever is the closest village at the far edge of the empire. We can't go by carriage beyond this point so we are to escort you down this hill. It's the only way to get there."

"You don't need to do that Anton. I know a better way," said the rude red-headed guard.

"What other way is there Kenneth? I can only see that we have to climb down," asked Anton with a confused expression to his partner.

The finally named guard, Kenneth, smirked. He walked over to Evelina, who eyed him suspiciously.

"Have a nice trip, Bitch!" He suddenly pushed Evelina forcefully, to her shock.

Evelina quickly tumbled down the hill.

Anton was also in shock.

"Why the hell did you do that?!" He yelled at Kenneth angrily and disbelief.

"The bitch deserved it, and we have to hurry back anyways," Kenneth replied casually.

Anton tried to go after her, but Kenneth pulled him away.

"Jeez, why are you so worked up? She is just an insignificant fallen noble with no magic element. She is just rolling down this hill so it won't kill her. Plus, the Emperor will have our heads if we don't make it back on time."

Anton hesitantly looked down but nodded his head in agreement. Both royal guards turn their backs and headed to the carriage to return to the palace.

Note: You finally have a name for that jerk of a royal guard, and Anton finally spoke. Next chapter I will post what some of the characters look like and their profile. Let me know if their are any mistakes.