Thinking *Edited 12/17/23*

Eve's house only have a few rooms. There is one bedroom for herself, a guest room, a bathroom, and a kitchen/living room. Like all the other houses in the village, her house is nothing special but Eve is satisfied. At least she has her own place to live.

Eve went inside and found her bedroom. As she pushed the door open, what's inside is just a bed, a drawer, and a table with a oil lamp on top. She put her few clothes and toiletries in the drawer then laid on her bed. She folded her arms over her stomach and relaxed her body. She then started to deeply think about her life.

Eve first thought of her family back on Earth. She misses them so much and regrets not spending much time with them due to her career. She wonders how they are dealing with her death and hoped they can heal and move forward. Although she is worried about her parents, she is worried about her younger brother James the most. As the older sister, it had always been her protecting him. She fought and scared off his bullies and shielding him from people mocking their social status in society. When she got into politics, James wanted to be a police officer as it was his passion to protect people and his family. He wanted to have his turn to protect Eve like she did him. Eve could not imagine how he felt about not being there at The White House that day.

She then thought of her life in Beggar's Village. She does not want to depend on the Becketts and wants to make a living for herself. As far as she knows, farming is the only option. She has learned that while the Draconian empire has currency, Beggar's Village has a barter system. She is actually happy that this village has a barter system because she is sick about the thought of money due to her life on Earth where money is everything. Eve hopes she can exchange the skills she has to get more clothes, food, and other necessities. She can use her gardening skills for the farms or cook foods for people. She wonders if she can utilize her martial arts.

Lastly, she thought about the original Evelina. Evelina Winstead does not deserve the hate she has in the novel. There was no proof that she was a villainess. The author of the novel was unknown so Eve thinks whoever created the novel is sick in the head to label Evelina Winstead as a villainess. The original Evelina was just falsely accused. At least she was just exiled instead of sent to death in the novel. But since she took over the original Evelina's body, is the original Evelina now dead? She does not know what happened to the original Evelina's soul, but hopes that wherever it went, her soul is in peace.

Evelina Loughton will forever miss her family but she has to move on in this new life. She does not have a desire for vengeance against the Draconian royal family or the original's Evelina's family and just want to live peacefully without any issues. Beggar's Village is now her home.

With those last thoughts, Eve Loughton closed her eyes in contentment.

Note: More chapters will be posted by tomorrow since I have a day off tomorrow too.