Success *Combined Chs 12/17/23*

After that day, Eve now have to work in two different farms. Her schedule have to be adjusted. The overseers for each farms have to agree with her schedule. Basically, Eve work on the wheat farm for one day, then the next day work with the fruits and vegetable farms. The fruits and vegetables farm is more of a temporary job because Jon and Zeke agreed to let her work there until the farm became successful.

In order to get to the Farling Brothers Farm, Eve have to travel by riding on an ox like the other day because of the distance. Jeremiah lend her an ox for traveling. Eve got a lot of motion sickness at first, but slowly got more used to it.

On the first day of working for the Farling brothers, Eve checked the soil. She saw that many of the plant leaves for the crops are discolored and guessed that the soil lacks nitrogen. She saw that the farmers had not been using enough fertilizer, and is just using dead leaves as compost. She realized that manure has not been invented yet when she asked if they have manure. The Farling brothers have no clue what manure is and asked her to explain it to them. When she did explain it, their reactions are a mix of flabbergasted and disgust.

"You are saying that we should fertilize the soil with.....ox shit?!" Jon angrily exclaimed. "That is so disgusting! Why would we let our crops grow from ox shit! What an outrageous idea! We should fire her Zeke!"

"I know it doesn't sound right, but please trust me," Eve said desperately. This Jon guy is just being dramatic.

"Alright Miss Evelina. Please explain the benefits of this...manure as you call it," said Zeke, ignoring Jon.

"Zeke!" Jon gaped at his brother.

It is a good thing that Zeke is the more reasonable brother.

"Manure can provide higher amounts of nutrients and organic matter to the soil. It will better improve the quality of the soil, making the farm more fertile to grow the crops." She explained.

"Did you have experience with using this manure back in your previous home?" Zeke asked.

"Yes I did for when I gardened." I used to buy it at Home Depot...on Earth.

"You got to be kidding me! I agreed with you to let her work for us! Don't tell me you are going to agree with this too Zeke! This is not going to work, just fire her already!" Jon yelled to try to convince his brother.

"Will you stop being such a child Jon?! This girl just seems to know what she's doing, I can sense her confidence. You should be open minded Jon because even though the idea of ox shit to feed our crops is disgusting...it kind of makes sense," said Zeke with a thoughtful look.

"How does it make sense Zeke?!"

"Obviously ox shit returns the nutrients they ate from eating grass back to the soil. It is like a cycle. Where would all the nutrients go except returning to the first place they came from?"

"I guess that makes sense..." Jon grumbled and shudders at the thought.

"You are a strange girl Miss Evelina. This plan sounds ridiculous as well as disgusting, but this idea might work so we are willing to try it," said Zeke.

You mean you are willing to try it, Jon thought.

"No, it is just you willing to try it. I am not dealing with any shit!" Jon yelled with a grossed out expression and angrily walks away from the two.

"Don't worry, I promise you this will work. Thank you for going with my plan,"said Eve to Zeke.
-----------------------------------------------------------
When she worked at the wheat farm, Eve hadn't suggested manure because the wheats had been growing fine. There must be some very good composting over there.