Final Battle: The Chase

The five humans and one wolf ran as fast as they could, pursued by the encroaching darkness. Mason looked over his shoulder and screamed, "Some shadows are coming near us!"

"What?!" the others yelled, turning to look behind. Their eyes widened in horror.

"Don't let it touch you! Speed up, everyone!" Eve commanded.

The younger humans and Storm obeyed, but the healer couldn't quicken his pace. The aging Marick breathed heavily, struggling to catch up.

"Healer Marick!" Eve noticed him falling behind.

Marick gasped erratically, exhausted from the running. "Go on without me! This is all my fault anyway!"

"What do you mean, Healer?! What are you talking about?!" Eve yelled back.

They ran through the underground chambers with no specific direction, the darkness trailing them.

"I shouldn't have tried to put my hand on something that the demon's guardian was protecting!" Marick admitted guiltily.

"YOU WHAT?!" Eve screamed at the healer. Had she heard right?

The kids heard what he said also, looking back at Healer Marick in shock.

"Healer Marick, did you really provoke the beast?!" Julia exclaimed.

Marick hurriedly nodded. "It seems so, young Julia!"

"So it really is all your fault!" Kyle accused the old man.

"You are right, young Kyle!" Marick didn't deny it.

"Woof!" Storm barked in disbelief.

Eve shook her head in disappointment at the old healer.

I guess Omni does have a reason to attack us, she thought. Healer Marick tries to touch something that doesn't belong to him.

"So does anyone have any plans?!" Kyle distressfully asked the group.

Eve thought for a moment. "It's impossible for us to beat what seems to be nothing but darkness or shadows. Our only option is to keep running!" She replies.

"But what if we can't run anymore?! What if we get tired?!" Julia inquired desperately.

Eve didn't know how to answer her.

"I have an idea!" Mason suddenly exclaimed. "I think Healer Marick needs to ap-" He was cut off when a large black hand popped out of the shadows, wrapping around his torso.

Mason screams as the hand pulled the younger Beckett boy towards the darkness, making him disappear in the black void.

"MASON!" the rest of the group cried.

"WOOF!" Storm barked.

Four more large hands popped out, attempting to grab the remaining members.

Eve, Kyle, Julia, and Storm dodges the hands trying to grab them. Unfortunately, Healer Marick was not able to evade it.

One of the hands grabbed him and taken the healer into the darkness.

"HEALER MARICK!" The others cried.

"NO!" Eve shouted in horror. She suddenly stopped running.

"Eve, what are you doing?!" Kyle and Julia cried out at the same time.

"The rest of you keep running! Don't let those things take you! I am going to get them back!" She ordered the three.

Eve then runs back, straight towards the darkness.

"EVE!" Her two students screams as Eve disappears in the blackness before before their eyes.
-----------------------------------------------------------

When Eve jumps into the darkness, it immediately feels like she is sucked into a tunnel.

She couldn't see anything ahead, it was all black nothingness.

Then, she suddenly feels herself falling, and her head hit something hard.

It instantly made her out cold.

-----------------------------------------------------------

When she opened her eyes, Eve saw a white ceiling over her head.

"Eve! Thank god you are awake!" A familiar sounding voice cries out in relief.

Eve immediately turns her head to the side to see the source of the voice.

"James?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mason was also knocked out when the darkness sucks him in.

When he opens his eyes, he unexpectedly saw a familiar face looking over him worriedly.

"Asher?"
-----------------------------------------------------------

Healer Marick was the last to regain consciousness.

When he finally can see again, he saw a familiar surrounding.

His old home back at the empire.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The three have now entered Omni's domain and are now under the demon's control. Let see if they can differentiate dream from reality.

Or in this case, nightmare from reality.

Note: I really want to write more, but my mind feels crammed right now. I might extend this chapter later.