Second Battle (Edited 2/12/24)

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" Melody repeated as she ran, grabbing hold of Julia's arm tightly.

"Do you suppose those deers would eat humans too?!" Julia yells out, running with the older girl.

"I don't know Julia, but I am not staying behind to find out!"

Both girls are currently being chased by the three ferocious deers.

"Do you remember which way we are supposed to go?!" Melody asks.

"I don't know! What about you?!" Responded Julia in a panic.

"I don't know either!" They both started screaming. Behind them the deers continue to pursue them.

Their screams can be heard through the forest.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"I heard screaming!" Said Kyle with a gasp.

"I heard it too!" Said Mason.

"It's the girls! They are in trouble!" Said Jon, grabbing hold onto the base of his sword.

The rest of the group hear the screams again.

"Oh no Melody!" Zeke yells in worry.

"Julia!" Kyle became panicked.

"Let's go find them!" Said Eve.

The five then rush to find the two that are in trouble.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Aaaah! They are catching up to us!" Cried out Julia.

Melody looked over her shoulder to see the three sabertooth deers jumping high into the air, ready to pounce on them.

With wide open jaws showing rows of sharp teeth, the deers are ready to devour their preys.

Melody have horror in her eyes.

"Julia you go on ahead! I'll stop them!" She stopped running to face the oncoming deers.

Julia suddenly stops too.

"Melody no!" Julia opposed.

The older girl pulls out one of her arrows from her quiver. Without a second wasted, she immediately shoots it with her bow.

The arrow hits one of the deer in the eye, making it yelp in pain and fall to the ground.

While she was able to hit one of the deers, unfortunately she couldn't escape the other two.

The remaining two deers landed on her, making Melody fall backward.

"Melody!" Julia screams.

"I told you to go Julia!" The deers dug their sharp hooves onto Melody's arm, making her wince in pain. The deers brought their heads forward to bare their teeth at her. Melody couldn't help but look on in fear at their ferocious red eyes. They opened their mouths; ready to eat her.

"No leave her alone!" Julia forgets about listening to the older girl or finding the others. She decided to handle this herself.

She must save Melody.

The 12 year old girl speedily ran towards where Melody is immobile and jumps into the air with one of her legs outstretched.

She threw a flying kick towards the two deers, sending them flying away from the older girl.

Julia helped Melody stand back up.

"Melody, are you okay?" She asked her worriedly.

Melody tries to ease her worries.