Julia (Edited 12/17/23)

Am I hearing it right? Kyle having a girlfriend? But he is just a kid! How old is he again? 8?

"Mason, are you sure? Surely Julia is only a friend," Eve asked Mason, still whispering near his ear.

"I think so.....she always hugs him at school and Kyle lets her," Mason whisper replies.

"Hmmm....I see..." If it's true, then I can't believe an 8 year old beat me in getting a relationship while I died single at 36, Eve thought in exasperation. She then decided to start a conversation with the girl.

"So Julia, how did you know about us training out there in the field," Eve started as they walk towards home, referring to the clearing earlier.

Julia looks over her shoulder at Eve while walking beside Kyle then shyly look downward.

"I didn't know about you guys training before...I was just looking for Kyle so that we can...spend time together. So I just found you guys out there."

Without the others noticing since his only his back is shown to the others while walking ahead, Kyle blushed red when Julia said she was looking for him to spend time together. Julia is no longer holding on to his arm. They are holding hands now. Eve notices this.

*Sigh* Young love.

"Okay...if you wanted to hang out with Kyle, you could've come over to us."

Julia looks embarassed, " I-I didn't want to disturb you! A-and I like watching you guys!"

She is like Mason 2.0 with the stuttering. Mason stopped stuttering a while ago.

"We wouldn't mind stopping the training, so don't feel afraid to show yourself to us," said Eve to reassure her.

"Okay...." said Julia, still unsure.

Seeing the two kids this close to each other, Eve wonders if it is just kids having a crush on each other right now.

Or something more will happen in the future?

Julia with her golden blonde curls and amber eyes look like a little angel, so she will become irresistible when she is older.

"Is your home far Julia?" Eve asked the girl.

"It's not far, my house is close to Kyle and Mason's house."

"Oh wow! You guys can hang out with each other whenever you want."

"Yeah, and our mothers are friends with each other too!"

"That's great!" Arlene hadn't introduced me to other people she knows.

The walk from the clearing to home didn't take to much time. The group finally stopped in front of the Beckett's house.

"So Julia, do you want me to walk you home?" Eve felt she should escort the girl since she doesn't feel comfortable for Julia to head home alone. Maybe this village is okay with kids walking home alone since Julia seems to be unattended by an adult this whole time. So far, Eve hasn't heard of any crime occuring in this village.

"Sure, I don't mind," said Julia.

"Alright, Kyle and Mason you boys take care of yourselves, I'll see you tomorrow," Eve bid farewell to the Beckett boys.

"Okay, see you tomorrow Eve, bye bye Julia," said Mason.

"See you tomorrow Eve and...um...bye Julia," said Kyle while blushing again on his face.

"Have a goodnight Kyle and Mason," said Julia.

Eve and Julia began to depart.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Eve and Julia didn't take long to reach the Hendrikson's home.

"So this is your house...wow...it looks very pretty," Eve said in surprise.

The Hendrikson's home is built the same way as the other homes, except that someone had painted the outside of the house beautifully.

Eve saw painting of flowers, butterflies, and animals on Julia's house.

"My mother painted it...," said Julia shyly, noticing Eve's gaze at her house.

"She has great artistic skill," commented Eve.

Then there is an awkward moment between the two girls.

"I guess I'll see you later. Have a good evening Julia," Eve turn away and started to head off but was stopped by Julia when the girl grabbed her arm.

"Wait!" Julia yelled out.

"Huh? What's wrong?" Eve asked in concern.

"I think...maybe that...you can meet my parents...now" Julia look down and mumbled.

"What? Right now? But it's..." Eve lifted her wrist to check her watch but realized that....she doesn't have a watch on her current body.

"Why are you staring at your wrist?" Julia asked with a weirded out look.

"Nevermind that!" Eve suddenly exclaim in embarrassment, " It's probably late right now! I can talk to your parents tomorrow!"

"But Miss Eve! I finally felt the courage to face my parents and tell them that I want to learn how to fight! I might lose that courage tomorrow! And it is still not dark yet, so please talk to my parents now!" Julia tried to argue while still holding on to Eve's arm.

"Girl....."

"What with all this racket!" A new voice called out after the sound of the front door being opened.

The two girls became stock still and turn their head towards the source of the voice.

"Mother!" Julia exclaimed.

Standing before the two girls is a scowling middle aged woman with her arms crossed. She gave Julia a stern expression.

"I was just resting when I heard some loud ruckus outside the house. To my surprise it's you my daughter. Why are you making so much noise when it is almost dark out...and who is this girl beside you?" Julia's mother asked.

"Um..." Julia gave a nervous expression.

"My name is Evelina Loughton ma'am," Evelina introduces herself.

"Oh Evelina! I heard a lot about you from Arlene! It's wonderful to meet you! My name is Catherine Hendrikson. Would you like to come in?" Julia's mother, Catherine asked with a look of excitement towards Evelina.

"Um...s-sure." Evelina didn't have the will to refuse.

Note: I estimate a couple of chapters until the time skip. This story will have more action soon.