Awake *Edited 2/12/24*

Evelina's unconscious body was carried over to the healer's house. They laid her on a patient bed. Only the healer and Arlene stayed with the girl. The old healer grabbed a salve made of herbs and had Arlene rub it on any wounds and bruises on Evelina's body.

"Watch over her while I make some nourishing soup," the healer said to Arlene. He then left them on their own.

"You poor girl," Arlene murmured. "What happened to you?" She gently rubbed the salve anywhere on Evelina's body that needs tending.

The healer came back a moment later with a bowl of soup.

"Here, feed her this soup. It will provide all the vitamins and nutrients she had lost."

"Thank you Honorable Healer," Arlene took the bowl and gently spoon fed the unconscious Evelina.
"How long will it take for her to awaken?" She questioned.

"I believe a few days maybe even a week at most," the healer answered.

A week later

Evelina finally opened her eyes. She tried to get up but groans from the stiffness of her aching body.

Ugh, I ache all over. She thought in frustration. I need to stretch my body.

She stretched her arms and legs, and also her back until she heard a satisfying crack.

Now then, where the hell am I? Evelina looked down her clothes. She realized that she wore a nice clean dress. It looks like someone changed her. There are also bandages around her arms and legs.

"It is good that you are awake, " said a male sounding voice, startling her.

"Who are you?!" Evelina yelled in surprise. She grabbed the nearest object, an empty bowl on a bedside table, and held it as if to throw it.

"Please calm down Miss," said the old man. " I am not here to hurt you. I am the healer of this village. One of the women of this village found your unconscious state and assisted me in healing your wounds. She applied my salve on your wounds and fed you my nourishing soup. She also changed your dress.

The healer's explanation calmed Evelina down somewhat. She put down the bowl but she still feels distrustful.

"Thank you for healing me sir, but where am I?" She asked politely.

" You are in Beggar's Village." The healer answered.

Wait Beggar's Village? Where have I heard that name before? Oh right! How could I forget?! Stupid me!

Beggar's Village is the village that those stupid guards dumped her to. She remembered Anton mentioning it back on the hill. She also remembers that bastard Kenneth pushing her off that hill.

When we meet again, I will get my revenge on you. She thought with hate in her eyes.

She wasn't planning on revenge in the first place, but she have now decided to make one exception to this one particular character.

Somewhere Farther Away from Evelina

"Why do I suddenly felt a chill," said the asshole royal guard Kenneth to no one.

The other guard Anton heard him but decided to ignore him. Both guarde are currently stationed outside the castle.

Back with Evelina

" I remember now. I was taken to live in exile outside the Draconian empire." She told the healer.

" You must be a non magic element user then. Another one expelled from the mighty Draconian empire." The healer said gravely.

"Yes," Evelina agreed. "I am another one of their....outcasts."

The healer sighed. "Well, you don't need to worry. This village lacks many comforts but everyone here gets along and work together very well. Life here is not ideal but I hope you will be able to accept living here."

In her old life, Evelina was used to living in a disadvantaged background. She lived in poverty up until she took a job in politics. When she was president, she traveled around the world so she has seen what life in a poor remote village was like. As a politician and later president, she was able to afford luxuries but still remained humble. She reminded herself to never forget where she came from.

"You don't have to worry good sir. I will accept living in this humble village. I apologize for my disrespectful behavior upon meeting you." She said, regretting her actions.

The healer waves her off,"It is fine. Your situation is understandable. Now my main concern is where you will stay in this village. Our village leader must have been notified of your arrival. We don't have enough housing right now so the men will have to built a new house for you to live in.

Suddenly a knock on the door was heard. The healer went over to open the door. As her opened the door, he saw Arlene carrying more clean clothes.

"Hello Honorable Healer," she greeted respectfully, " Has the patient awaken yet?" She asked.