Basketball Game Part 1 (12/17/23)

"Now you better stay put this time Zeke," Melody pushes Zeke to sit beside Jon behind the stall.

"Okay! Just please be more gentle," complained Zeke.

Now that Zeke has been found and brought back, Eve decided it is time to find her little students.

"Alright, I think I should go find my stud- um the three kids that were with me," she said to the Farling brothers and Melody.

The thing is, no one else but the kids' parents know that she is teaching Kyle, Mason, and Julia how to fight. No one else besides the parents knew that Eve knew how to fight in the first place. It was a secret kept between themselves.

"The Beckett boys and Hendrikson girl right? You told then to go enjoy themselves at the basketball court," stated Jon.

"Yea, I should go see how they are doing."

"Oh Basketball!" Melody suddenly exclaimed excitedly, "It was your invention right? Thank you so much for that! That game is brings the most fun to me in my life!"

"Yes, it was...my idea and your welcome," said Eve.

"You play?" Continued Melody.

"Yes," Eve replied.

"We should play together. How about we go over there and play now?"

"Sure," agreed Eve with a shrug.

Hearing the two women speak about playing basketball, the Farling brothers look at each other in the eye, seemingly deciding on something without words.

"Hey, we want to play too" They said simultaneously.

"What about your stall?" Asked Eve.

"Don't worry. You both can go ahead while we clear our stall. We can close our stall for the day. I think it's good to have some excitement once in a while. We will follow after you," said Zeke.

"Okay then, let's go," Eve turn to Melody.

Melody nodded and both women started trekking towards the sight of the basketball court.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Basketball is a common game from Earth, but a totally new game in Acadia. Eve "invented" many sports in Beggar's Village to keep the populace and herself entertained. Basketball happens to be one of the most popular games here.

The game is not played in a professional level like the NBA, but the people that plays it knows the basic rules like two teams of five people and shooting the ball through the hoop that is 10ft above the ground to score.

"Mason I'm open," yelled Kyle as he waved his hands in the air to signal to his younger brother to pass him the ball.

But Mason decided to ignore his brother's call and dribble the ball while running, dodging his opponents in the court.

"Come on! He just went pass me!" Kyle complained to no one, dropping his hands.

Julia ran over to Kyle, huffing breathlessly. She put a hand on Kyle's shoulder.

"Forget it Kyle, it seems that basketball is his calling, he even pass the adults" stated Julia. They both turn to watch Mason.

"Even though Mason is a 10 year old boy, and with an average height for his age, he was able to seamlessly dribble the ball pass his opponents without the ball getting swiped away. Their team composed of the three kids plus one adult and a teenager. The opponents side has two teenagers and three adults.

Once he was in a close enough distance to the hoop, Mason effortlessly shoot the ball up in the air. The ball passed the net of the hoop, giving his team a win.