It Has Begun

Suddenly, Eve's throat constricts, prompting a determined swallow. Her gaze remains fixed on Omni, the Demon of Dreams, Nightmares, and Sight. The revelation of its knowledge about her true origin evokes a blend of fear, intrigue, and apprehension.

"YOU ARE NOT A NATURAL PART OF THIS WORLD, EVELINA LOUGHTON," Omni asserts, its massive eye scrutinizing every detail of her existence.

Eve takes a deep breath, seeking composure. "What makes you say that, 'Oh Great Omni'? I don't understand what you're trying to convey! Please release us! We only want to find our way home!"

Omni chuckles, the sound echoing in the chamber. "I AM NOT ALLOWING YOU HUMANS TO LEAVE UNTIL I AM SATISFIED. YOU WERE NOT BEING HONEST, MISS EVE. I HOPED YOU WOULD CONFESS YOUR TRUE ORIGIN. I ALSO DEMAND AN EXPLANATION FOR THE DEMISE OF MY GUARDIAN."

Eve glances back at her frightened students and the concerned Healer Marick. Treading carefully, she knows Omni likely has access to information beyond her comprehension.

"I had no choice great demon. Your guardian attacked us first; it was a matter of self-defense," Eve explains cautiously.

Omni's eye flickers with curiosity, annoyance, and perhaps a hint of amusement. "SELF-DEFENSE, YOU SAY? MY GUARDIAN DOESN'T ACT WITHOUT REASON. THERE MUST BE MORE TO THIS TALE, EVELINA LOUGHTON."

Torn between revealing her situation and protecting her secrets, Eve hesitates. "I came here unintentionally, Omni. I didn't mean to disrupt anything in your... underground residence."

The demon floats back, its eye narrowing. "HMM, UNINTENTIONALLY HUH? I DON'T BELIEVE YOU. YOU HUMANS MUST HAVE CAUSED A STIR TO PROVOKE MY GUARDIAN. EITHER YOU TELL ME THE TRUTH, OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES."

A weight settles on Eve's shoulders, not just from the shadowy tentacle but from the gravity of the situation. "I don't know what you're talking about. I don't believe any of us caused your guardian to attack us."

Unbeknownst to Eve, Healer Marick shivers guiltily.

Omni observes her, then speaks with authority. "VERY WELL, EVELINA LOUGHTON. YOU SEEM TO BE HONEST, BUT SOMEONE AMONG YOUR GROUP IS NOT. I WANT THAT PERSON TO CONFESS THEIR MISTAKE."

Mistake? Eve anxiously wonders.

Healer Marick gulps, sweat trickling down his face. He is too afraid to speak.

Silence hangs in the air.

Omni became impatient.

The demon's oppressive force intensifies. Eve and her students feel their life force being squeezed. Healer Marick starts to choke.

"SINCE NO ONE IS WILLING TO SPEAK THE TRUTH...YOU WILL ALL DIE HERE." It declares.

"Ahhh!!! I c-can't b-breathe!!!!" Kyle cries.

"It's...too much...I feel faint..." Julia tries to say.

"Uggrrh!" Mason makes gurgling sounds.

Storm, the large gray wolf whimpers in pain.

Eve, unable to move her head, hears her students distress.

From the noises they make... she can tell...

They are close to dying.

"NOOOOO!!!!!!" She screams.

With her sword in hand, she struggles to move her arm. With all her might, she throws it straight towards the triangle demon.

Seeing the sharp object getting close to stabbing it in the eye, breaks the demon's concentration.

"WHAT?!" The triangle exclaims and dodges the flying blade.

"YOU WILL NOT HARM MY STUDENTS!" Eve runs forward and punches the surprised demon in the face.

The triangle demon is thrown and hits the cave wall.

The invisible binds on the humans were released, making them gasp in relief as the pressure disappears.

Eve quickly grabs her fallen sword and turns back to her group.

"EVERYBODY RUN!" She orders.

Without needing to be told twice, they immediately did as she said.

Omni shook itself from the ground and floated back into the air.

"SO YOU WANT TO PLAY? LET'S SEE IF YOU ALL CAN ESCAPE MY SHADOWS."

Suddenly, darkness appears from behind the demon and spreads all over the underground cavern; heading towards the running humans.

The Final Battle has begun.