Harsh Reprimand (Edited 1/17/24)

There was a ginormous tree nearby, its large thick root sticking out, offering a natural seating arrangement.

"Let's go sit over there," Eve gestured for the kids to follow her, inviting them to sit on the root.

The three kids wordlessly complied. Eve sat closest to the tree, laying the various weird fruits she had gathered on her lap. The sitting arrangement followed with Kyle, Julia, and then Mason.

"Now... how should I start this?" Eve began, not even looking at them.

Her students stiffened, preparing themselves for the berating.

"What in the hell is wrong with you guys?!" she yelled, shifting her body to face them with a look of fury on her face.

The kids immediately became shell-shocked. It was the first time Eve had ever yelled at them this way. It was... unpleasant.

"What you guys did was dumb! I can't believe you kids didn't listen to me! I told you kids to stay home, but instead, you guys started to follow us! Do you guys realize what could have happened to you?" Eve continued to yell.

The three just stared at Eve with wide eyes without a single twitch of movement.

"No answer? Really? This is something that is simple enough for you kids to understand! YOU ALL COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!" Eve emphasized the last bit harshly. She then rubbed her forehead, shoulders slumped in defeat.

"We just wanted to prove to you that we are capable..." Kyle finally spoke up in a miserable tone. Tears started to form on the corner of his eyes.

Eve dropped her hand to look straight into Kyle's eyes.

"Kyle," Eve started with her oldest student, "you guys are just not ready." She said with incredulity. "I told you all before already."

"Let me say this once again, and I hope to God you don't make me say it ever again. The four values of martial arts I have taught you are: Respect, confidence, patience, and self-discipline. Correct?" Said Eve, addressing them all.

Her three students hesitantly nodded.

"From those values, I see that you all only got one of the four values right."

"One of the four?!" Mason exclaimed in disbelief, clenching his knees from where he sat.

"We... lack three of those values...?" Julia equally shared the same feelings as Mason.

"What?!" Shouted Kyle in disbelief. "No! You can't be serious, Eve!"

Eve remained unperturbed.

"The only thing you kids have is confidence." She stated. "You all don't have enough on respect, patience, and self-discipline."

"We don't have enough on respect, patience, and self-discipline?" Kyle repeated her words in puzzlement.

"Yes, you all are supposed to put your attention on each of those four values equally, but instead, you all put too much focus on confidence and became overconfident," Eve clarified.

At this point, her tone has become less harsh, but she still wants to get through the thick heads of her students.

"Along with none of you being able to beat me in a spar, you guys are just not ready. You all don't have the full ability to protect yourselves and those around you. That is why I wanted you all to stay home where it's safe. Now your parents are highly likely to be worried sick of where you guys have been! And since you guys are here, the trust they built with me will fall apart! They will blame me if any harm comes to any of you!" Eve said in anguish.

"If anything terrible has happened to you all, I wouldn't know what to do with myself! If I couldn't protect you, then how will I be able to continue living?! You are all precious to me! Don't you know how much I love you?! Are you taking my love for granted?! Is that why you all felt so unconcerned for my feelings of your well-being?"

The three kids now deeply regretted their actions upon seeing Eve's look of dread.

"So now it's too late for you all to get back home. We are too deep into this forest. I am considering stopping the training..." Eve turns her head away.

"NO, EVE! Please, I'm sorry!" Kyle cries out, tears streaming down his face.

"No, Eve! I'm sorry too! Please don't turn us away!" Julia also cries out.

"Eve, I'm sorry! We won't do this again!" Mason also cried.

All the kids have burst into tears.

"We are deeply sorry! We regretted not listening to you immensely! We will reflect on our actions! Please give us another chance!" Kyle desperately tries to persuade her, being the voice for the other kids.

"Please, just one more chance!" He pleaded. "Just one more chance, and we will listen to you from now on!"

Eve stayed silent and didn't turn her head to look at them.

The silence seemed to last forever that the kids started to believe that she won't give them another chance.

They started to give up and...accept whatever decision she wants to do concerning them.

"Okay, Eve..." Said Kyle depressingly in resignation," whatever decision you make...I'll be fine with it. It is our fault that we made your mission more complicated. I'll accept it if you don't want to train us anymore."

"Yes," Julia agrees, feeling the same way as Kyle, "Whatever words you say, I'll follow through with it."

"Me too," said Mason dejectedly, "No matter what you say, I'll listen to you Eve."

"Just know that whatever you decide, we will always love you. You are more than our sensei; you are our sister." Said Kyle.

It was then that Eve finally turns to look back at them again, with dried tears on her face.

She had been silently crying.

"Alright, I will give you guys another chance," she said.

Note: Their time at The Kooky Forest is probably going to be a long one. It's going to be crazy.