xxx. first days back

CHAPTER THIRTYXXX

CHAPTER THIRTY
XXX. FIRST DAYS BACK

          THE FIRST DAY BACK TO SCHOOL AFTER THE SUMMER WAS NEVER EASY, ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN YOUR BEST FRIEND WAS DEAD AND ACCUSED OF A MURDER HE DIDN'T COMMIT. So it was safe to say none of the Pogues were looking forward to their first day back at Kildare County High School. And there was one person who was dreading it more than anyone else.

Juliet had never really enjoyed school. Yes, she did well in all of her classes and was on track to getting the grades she needed to go to any college she wanted. But every second in between her classes she despised. And the fact that she knew everyone was going to be whispering behind her back about John B and Sarah the whole day, Juliet didn't even want to wake up that morning.

But she did, five minutes before her alarm had gone off. Juliet didn't move though till the sound of her alarm filled her ears along with the groans coming from JJ's mouth from his sprawled out position beside her. The blonde girl had then left her boyfriend alone while she showered and picked out an outfit to wear to school. Juliet had never dressed up for school, never worn the clothes she had brought where all the other Kook's shopped. She knew if she ever dared to wear something designer for school that she would get ripped to shreds by everyone and probably even her own friends. So she always dressed down, well dressed down compared to what she would probably wear if she attended school in Figure Eight.

Juliet picked out a pair of faded blue jeans and a pink body suit that had a zip down the front, Juliet then paired it with a pair of white trainers before drying and curling her hair. She'd done most of this before JJ had even woken up. The boy hadn't even attempted to wake up till Juliet was sitting at her vanity covering up some of the spots on her face and coating her eyelashes with mascara.

JJ had rolled over once he had realised that he wasn't going to drift back off to sleep but soon realised that his girlfriend wasn't beside him. JJ had then rolled back over again, spotting Juliet sitting at her vanity as she filled in her eyebrows. The two had then locked eyes through the mirror and had smiled. But neither of them had said anything, they didn't have anything to say to each other.

Juliet and JJ didn't really talk much to each other anymore, not like they used to do before when they were just friends. The two teenagers could spend hours upon hours just talking to each other and doing nothing else. But since everything had happened between them and John B and the gold, they hadn't really had much time to just talk to each other about other things. Then when their main focus wasn't trying to retrieve the gold, the two were too depressed to talk. JJ was lucky if he even managed to hear more than two sentences from Juliet in a conversation that wasn't about John B or what happened to them that summer.

So the couple had spent the morning in silence, only exchanging words when Juliet had asked JJ if he wanted breakfast. He didn't and neither did Juliet, both too nauseous to eat. Both were dreading their first day back at school knowing what everyone was going to be saying and how they were going to be looked at.