xxv. pointless bickering

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVEXXV

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
XXV. POINTLESS BICKERING

JJ HAD BEEN FEELING A LOT BETTER THE NEXT MORNING, BETTER THAN HE EXPECTED HIMSELF TO FEEL. He believed a lot of it was down to Juliet spending the whole night telling him how amazing he was and how much she appreciated him, making up for the lack of appreciation from his father. When he'd woke up that morning, Juliet was still asleep so JJ took advantage of the still sleeping girl and laid there holding her till she woke up. He didn't want to get up and do anything, he just wanted to lay there for a while longer. And that's what he did.

It was a while till Juliet had woken up and when she did, she was immediately wanting to get up and changed into yesterdays clothes. So JJ had been glad that he'd woke up before Juliet. When Juliet had woken up and managed to get out of JJ's tight grip, she used her phone to text Kiara and let her know the two were awake and to text her mom and let her know she and JJ were okay. Juliet had texted her mom before falling asleep the night before to let her know she was staying at the Chateau despite John B not living there anymore. All Juliet had to tell Maria was that JJ had a fight with his dad and Maria was okay with letting Juliet stay out for the night. Juliet was lucky that Maria understood that she needed to be there for JJ when he got into fights with his dad.

Maybe an hour after Juliet had texted Kiara, her and Pope were arriving at the Chateau to test out the pulley system Pope had come up with that would help them retrieve the gold. The hot tub was still outside, with everything else JJ had brought so while Pope, Kiara and Juliet built the pulley, JJ had sat watching from the side of the hot tub.

Kiara was sitting in the basket they'd attached to the pulley that was halfway between the floor and the tree branch it was attached to when John B was brought up. JJ had been thinking about how John B should've been back by now, from his little fishing trip with Ward. "John B pullin' a Houdini." He spoke up from the hot tub where he'd been dangling his feet in the water.

"Yeah, where is he? I got my scholarship interview tomorrow morning. We gotta get this done." Pope answered as he lowered Kiara back down to the ground.

Just as Pope did this, John B had entered the back of the Chateau, gaining everyone's attention. "Speak of the devil. Hey." JJ said, swinging his legs out of the hot tub. "Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything." JJ told John B, thinking he'd be excited that they managed to set up the winch to get the gold.

"No he did not. I did that." Pope argued back, not noticing John B's lack of interest in what they were trying to tell him.

Kiara had then hopped out of the basket and called after John B. "Hey, John B." Noticing the fact he didn't even look over at his friends when he walked through the back and into the house.