viii. four star hotels

CHAPTER EIGHTVIII

CHAPTER EIGHT
VIII. FOUR STAR HOTELS

          JOHN B DROVE STRAIGHT BACK TO THE CHATEAU AFTER LEAVING THE GRAVEYARD THAT NIGHT. He didn't even ask if anyone wanted to be dropped off home, he was desperate to open the envelope that Kiara had found. Everyone was silent on the drive back, all of them praying that whatever was in the envelope was going to give John B some answers.

Juliet hated to think what John B was feeling. She knew it was hard loosing a parent but loosing her father was completely different. Juliet knew what was happening with her father, she'd watched him get weaker and weaker with her own eyes, watch him change into someone she didn't even recognise anymore. John B's father left and he expected him to return and he didn't. Juliet knew her father was dying, she knew he wasn't getting any better and she was going to loose him. It was two completely different situations. All Juliet knew was that she needed to be there for him. John B was there for her when her father passed away so she needed to do the same.

When they arrived at John B's, JJ made a beeline to the kitchen to make something to eat. Unfortunately for him, the only food in John B's kitchen he could have was some mouldy bread and a jar of peanut butter. The bread didn't bother him so he used it anyway. Juliet shook her head as she watched JJ use the bread that had green patches all over it. "That bread had mould on it three days ago." She told him. She remembered seeing it when she'd visited the morning of the day before the storm. Juliet had been standing behind John B with her arms crossed watching JJ.

"I'll just pull off the bad parts." JJ shrugged, he didn't really care. "Plus, mould is good for you. It's just a natural organism." JJ said as he continued to spread the peanut butter. Juliet rolled her eyes and shook her head. She wasn't surprised that was his response.

"JJ." Kiara called JJ over when John B finally sat down and picked up the envelope.

"Yep. Yep. Yep. Hot damn! Let's do this." JJ ran over to the table, mouldy sandwich in hand. Juliet watched him take a bite and immediately spit it back out. She almost took pleasure in watching it. It wasn't like she didn't warn him.

Juliet's eyes then focused back onto John B, who had pulled out a piece of paper from the envelope. He unfolded it and placed it on the table. It was a map. "Holy shit."

"Oh. X marks the spot." Pope leaned over the table and placed his finger on the X that was on the left side of the map.

"Longitude, latitude." John B said to himself, running his fingers along the page. "Wait, there's somethin' else in there." He then reached back in the envelope and pulled out a tape recorder.