xxvi. chasing down planes

CHAPTER TWENTY SIXXXVI

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
XXVI. CHASING DOWN PLANES

          "WE GO IN THERE, GUNS A-BLAZIN' AND MAKE WARD CAMERON BEG FOR MERCY, ABSCOND WITH AS MUCH GOLD AS POSSIBLE AND VAMONOS, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE." JJ had said from the back of John B's van, who was driving it in the direction of the only runway in the Outer Banks.

John B had nodded as JJ spoke, for once agreeing with his mindset. "Send that shit right down the intercoastal."

"Wait for the weather."

"Exit to Cuba."

JJ looked up at Pope with his eyebrows pulled together. "Cuba?" He questioned before shaking his head. "No, man, Xcalak, Jewel of the Yucatan. Lobster so thick, mangoes and no word for money." JJ said as he loaded the gun.

Juliet laughed at JJ before speaking for the first time since they'd been in the van. "Let's do this shit." It wasn't long till they arrived at the landing strip, John B had parked the van by the fence surrounding the area before the five teens exited the van and approached the fence, almost pressing their faces against it.

"They're loading up the gold." Pope informed the group, having brought binoculars with him and using them to see what Ward was up to.

John B had then snatched the binoculars off Pope to see everything clearer and as he began to watch everyone loading up the gold in the plane, Ward's car had pulled up. "There's Ward." The others had seen the car pull up but it was too far away to see who was driving. Someone else had then gotten out of the car and John B had removed the binoculars from his eyes and it looked like he'd just seen a ghost.

Kiara noticed it first, immediately asking him what was wrong. "What?" John B didn't answer but it gained everyone else's attention. "What?" She asked again with more force.

"It's Sarah." John B's voice was quiet and the others could tell he was surprised.

"She's with him?" Juliet looked past JJ and Pope to John B before focusing her eyes back on the plane. Juliet could just about make out Sarah and Ward, or who she assumed was Sarah and Ward.

John B had then brought the binoculars back up to his eyes and caught Ward and Sarah fighting. It looked like Sarah was trying to get away from her father and he wasn't allowing her to leave. "Wait a minute. He's hurting her."

"What?" All four said in unison. Kiara had then taken the binoculars to see for herself and John B was right, Ward was pulling Sarah back and forcing her to get on the plane against her own will.

No one had then realised John B had retreated back to the van as JJ turned to Juliet confused. "Wait so she...what? I had no idea—"

Pope's shouting had cut JJ off, as he suddenly realised John B was back in the van and he became worried. "Hey! What are you doing?" Pope shouted out as he turned around and took a few steps closer to the van and away from the fence.