xiii. outdoor movies

CHAPTER THIRTEENXIII

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
XIII. OUTDOOR MOVIES

          "KIE, I REALLY DON'T THINK ME COMING IS THE BEST IDEA." Juliet had spoken into her phone as she stood in front of her open wardrobe. Kiara had called her to ask about joining her, Pope and JJ to the outdoor cinema on Figure Eight. She was happy to go till JJ's name was mentioned. And There was absolutely no she was going to spend any time with JJ after their last conversation.

"I told JJ that if you come he's not allowed to talk to you. Please, Jules, I just wanna do something normal, the way we should be spending our summer." Kiara was desperate for Juliet to go. She just wanted to spend some time with her friends, without worrying about the Royal Merchant or the gold or anything else. John B wasn't answering his phone and Kiara didn't want to be third wheeling JJ and Pope. Kiara had also asked JJ before Juliet and made him promise he wouldn't try talking to her if she asked Juliet, she didn't need it kicking off in public between the two of them. This meant Kiara had to let JJ know that her and Pope witnessed their conversation and that Kiara knew what happened between him and Juliet.

"I don't know...." Juliet trailed off, her eyes closing as she threw her head back in annoyance. She wanted to go, she wanted to have some fun with her friends but she didn't want to see JJ. Juliet wasn't ready to talk to him yet. It hadn't even been twenty four hours.

"You won't have to talk to him, you won't have to sit near him, or even look at him if you don't want to. It'll be like he's not even there." Kiara told her, believing it was as easy as that. "Please, Juliet." Kiara pleaded. Maybe a small part of Kiara thought if Juliet joined them, her and JJ might talk. Might just sort things out.

Juliet always had a hard time saying no to Kiara. "Fine! Fine. But I swear, Kiara, if he tries to talk to me—"

"He won't! I promise." Kiara interrupted. She was just happy Juliet had agreed. She wasn't going to remind JJ not to talk to Juliet again, the once was enough. If he didn't listen to her then it wasn't her fault.

After the phone call, Juliet finished picking out an outfit as she'd just gotten out of the shower when Kiara had called. She had chosen a lilac coloured dress from the back of her wardrobe, having been sick of wearing jean shorts for the past two weeks. When Juliet changed and dried her wet hair, she made her way out to meet Kiara. Because the area they used for the outdoor cinema was in Figure Eight, it was only a 10 minute walk for Juliet so she didn't need a ride from anyone.

When she arrived, she spotted Kiara standing with the boys. Juliet hoped she'd arrive before the boys but it looked like they'd all arrived together. Juliet walked over to them, absolutely avoiding eye contact with JJ, she was pretending like he wasn't even there and she was good at it.

And JJ didn't blame her one bit, he deserved it but it hurt, it hurt a lot. He'd confessed his love for her and he got nothing back, it wasn't not going to hurt. JJ was angry more than anything, angry that he let himself be so vulnerable to Juliet. He thought that's what she wanted from him, for him to be honest and vulnerable about his feelings.