xiv. desperate phone calls

CHAPTER FOURTEENXIV

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
XIV. DESPERATE PHONE CALLS

         THE COOPER FAMILY HAD ALWAYS WORN THEIR HEARTS ON THEIR SLEEVES, IT WAS JUST HOW THEY WERE ALL RAISED. Maria was brought up that way by her parents and she made sure to bring her own kids up in the same way. She believed it was the best way. This meant that Juliet, her brother and her sister were all very loving people, sometimes too loving. Especially Juliet and her older brother.

Juliet's brother, Tyler, is four years older than Juliet, nearly five, and he definitely acts like the older brother. Annoying and infuriating but mostly protective. He loves his family, they're his world and he'd do anything for them. When his father passed away and his mom struggled to make ends meet, Tyler started dealing drugs. He worked with Barry for a few years till Paul ended up in their lives and Maria told him to stop. Tyler was only fourteen at the time, dealing till he was 16. It wasn't something he wanted for himself and it was definitely not what Maria wanted for her son but they needed the extra money or they would've ended up homeless. Tyler loved his family too much to let them suffer.

That's why Paul was such a blessing in disguise. Not only did he make Maria happy and he fixed her after the death of her husband broke her, but he also helped them out financially. When Paul finally asked Maria to move in with him, five months into dating, he helped Tyler get out of dealing drugs. Barry wasn't pleased with the idea of Tyler stopping as he was good at getting customers so Paul gave him a lot of money to let Tyler go. And Paul never judged Tyler for the choices he made, he understood that he did it to help his family because he loved them.

What Tyler did for his family was something, among many other things, that Juliet admired about her brother. She loved how caring he was, how loving he was and how he'd do anything for the people he loved. Juliet was sure that's where she got it from, the strong urge to always help the people she loved. Even if it hurt her in the process and got herself into trouble. Juliet loved with her whole heart and it's probably why it had been broken so many times. But she wouldn't of had herself any other way.

The day after their bust up with Rafe, Juliet spent the morning grocery shopping with her mom and sister. She'd gotten up early to help them, skipping her run. Luckily for Juliet, there hadn't been any bad bruising around her neck from Rafe's hand. Only a few small ones that could easily be covered up with concealer, so Maria was unaware about Rafe attacking her but she had noticed her daughter getting home rather upset that night but Juliet had gone straight to bed so Maria never questioned her mood.

After grocery shopping, Juliet had gone to Heyward's to see Pope and Kiara. Pope had been worrying all morning about Rafe and Topper. The fact that they now knew it was him who'd sunk Topper's boat and the only reason he was still alive was because Kiara gave Topper a reason to let him go. So it was safe to say he was a little on edge.