xi. bruises

CHAPTER ELEVENXI

CHAPTER ELEVEN
XI. BRUISES

JULIET FELT ODDLY GOOD THE MORNING AFTER TELLING KIARA ABOUT HER AND JJ. She thought she'd regret it but she didn't, Juliet was glad she told her. Juliet felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders, one of many. But she knew telling Kiara meant she couldn't ignore it anymore, she needed to talk to JJ. She just needed to find the right time to talk to him.

But Kiara hadn't felt good the day after. Especially when she agreed to test out the drone they'd stolen out by the dock at the back of the Chateau and she had to see JJ. And what made it worse, Juliet hadn't been there. Kiara lost count of the amount of times she had to bite her tongue to prevent herself from running her mouth at JJ. The pure sight of him was infuriating knowing what he'd done to Juliet, her best friend.

Juliet had been at the country club that morning, forced by Paul. At least once a month Paul would take Maria and the kids, Juliet wasn't sure exactly why. Maybe it was just to mingle and keep up appearances. Paul would hang out with all the other rich, entitled men on the island and the others were just to stand there, look pretty and smile. Juliet would rather have been anywhere else than with a bunch of prissy, stuck up Kooks. Even being stuck in a room with JJ would've been more appealing to Juliet than seeing Rafe and Topper, who were the first two people Juliet had saw when she arrived. She had caught Rafe's eye, accidentally, and he shot her a smirk. Juliet wanted nothing more than to walk over to him and slap the smirk straight off his face, which she knew he was only doing it to piss her off, but she couldn't. Obviously.

Every single time Juliet and Rafe crossed paths, it was as though he made it his mission to get under her skin no matter what. He enjoyed it like it was a game, enjoyed watching Juliet loose her temper. He liked watching her snap.

After an hour of being at the country club, Paul had taken Tyler out to play some golf with some men that Paul worked with. Maria had stayed inside with Addison and Juliet had gone for a walk. She'd headed out on the golf course, away from where Paul had gone, and down to the water. She'd just wanted to clear her head a little and the water always helped.

It was windy near the docks so Juliet had to stop more than once to hold her dress down. This gave her the opportunity to spot Topper and Rafe and they didn't look like they were playing golf. The sound of Topper shouting at Rafe filled Juliet's ears and she could see Rafe leaning over someone, Juliet couldn't see who yet. "Stay off Figure Eight, Pogue." When Juliet heard the words come out of Rafe's mouth, her heart dropped in her chest.

Juliet ran over the last hill that was blocking her view of who was on the floor and Juliet felt sick when she saw who it was. Pope. Juliet then started screaming without even thinking. "What the fuck! What the fuck did you two do?" Juliet screamed, not wasting any time in rushing over to Pope and pushing Rafe out of the way. Juliet dropped to her knees and placed her hands on Pope's chest. "Hey, Pope, it's me. Are you okay?" Juliet asked, noticing the blood covering his face. She was filled with so much rage, she almost couldn't think straight. "Hey, fuck both of you! You assholes! If you ever lay a hand on him or my friends again, I'll make sure your parents find out." Juliet shouted at them as she watched Rafe and Topper walk away. Rafe had a stupid smirk on his face as he looked back at Juliet and she wanted nothing more than to chase after him and give him a piece of her mind. Juliet wasn't going to let Rafe or Topper push them around anymore. Ward Cameron trusted Juliet, he liked her and he liked Paul so if Juliet told him what his son had been doing, he'd believe her.