xviii. old landmarks

CHAPTER EIGHTEENXVIII

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
XVIII. OLD LANDMARKS

WHEN JULIET STARTED TO WAKE UP THE NEXT MORNING, THE PANIC IMMEDIATELY SET IN. She was too afraid to even open her eyes or move an inch, in fear of finding out that JJ wasn't beside her. She wouldn't know what she would do if he wasn't. If he'd gone before she'd woken up, again.

Luckily for Juliet, she didn't even have to open her eyes or move to know if JJ was there. He'd shifted in his sleep and thrown his arm straight over her waist, pulling her closer to him. Juliet sighed quietly in relief. Thank God. She hated that she even doubted JJ for a second but she couldn't be a hundred percent sure he'd stay.

It had taken Juliet too long to fall asleep after her and JJ had finished talking. It must've been at least 3am when she'd finally drifted off. After the two had slept together, they'd laid beside each other and just talked. Talked about the whole situation with the gold, about John B, about how John B was now with Sarah, about Kiara and Pope and Pope's obvious feelings for the girl and about how Maria was definitely going to murder Juliet when she finally went home. They laughed and joked with each other until JJ ended up falling asleep while Juliet was lying over his chest. He had his arm around her waist as he drifted off. But Juliet stayed awake in the same position for another hour. Worrying about what was going to happen.

When Juliet finally opened her eyes, she reached over to grab her phone that she'd left on the bedside table after grabbing it before she went to sleep, to check the time. It was 10:24am and she had 6 missed calls from Maria, 2 from Paul and 3 from Tyler and 1 from Addison. Seemed like they were all wondering where she'd gone. She also had 18 text messages from Maria that started off as worried text messages and then they turned into threatening ones, she was pissed. Juliet didn't know how she was going to explain it all to her.

Juliet could've stayed in JJ's arms all morning. Just lying there with his arm around her waist, him breathing against her neck as she drifted in and out of sleep. But it was a very unlikely scenario and it became an impossible one when she felt the boy beside her start to wake up. JJ had let out a groan in frustration when the light that was pouring in through the uncovered window filled his eyes, it was too bright, so he buried his face into Juliet's neck to block it out. Juliet had let out a laugh as she felt his arms tighten around her. "Good morning." Her voice was almost a whisper as she tried to turn around in the blondes grasp but she couldn't. JJ wasn't going to let her move till he wanted her to move.

Juliet got a response from JJ but it was more or less just noise coming from his mouth. His voice was muffled by Juliet's bare back and his voice was scratchy from the fact it was the first thing he'd said in 8 hours. Juliet then tried moving again but JJ wasn't even letting her twist around to face him. "Are you going to let me get up?" Juliet asked, her voice louder. She needed to stretch her legs firstly and she was in desperate need of a drink.