ix. ready to confess

CHAPTER NINEIX

CHAPTER NINE
IX. READY TO CONFESS

          "POPE, WE'RE NOT STEALING THE DRONE, WE'RE BORROWING IT." John B had told his friend as he still tried persuading him that taking the drone was the only way to find the gold. The group were on their way to the salvage yard, Juliet was sitting in the back of the van again with Pope and JJ. She was watching JJ roll up a blunt as John B spoke.

"Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality." Pope quoted. Juliet could tell it was a quote with the way he said it. Pope was often quoting people so she knew now when he was.

"Wait, did you come up with that?" John B asked as he continued to drive.

"No, Albert Bernstein came up with that, but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing." Pope said.

"Oh." John B said, realising then what Pope meant. It still wasn't clear if what they were looking for and doing was a fantasy or reality.

"So, which is it?" Pope twisted in his seat to look back at John B. "Fantasy or reality?"

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ spoke up from his seat on the floor of the van. He didn't look up at Pope as he continued to roll the blunt he had in his hand.

Kiara then twisted around in her seat to look at Pope. "It's fantasy but possible reality." She told him.

"Reality." John B then said, confident that it was all reality.

"Virtual reality." JJ had muttered as he used his lighter to light the blunt that was now in his mouth. But before it set alight, Pope took it from his mouth.

"Keep the signal clear." Pope didn't want JJ being high while they were retrieving the drone. They needed him alert and focused.

"You know what your problem is? It's that you need to relax, man. You're always so tense!"

The van had then pulled up beside a car with a boat attached to the back. The plan was that the girls were going to ask the security guard to pump up their flat tire while the boys snuck in, the only problem was that they'd asked Juliet to more or less seduce the guy a little. He wasn't going to help unless she was a little too friendly. Kiara was the one who suggested that Juliet could do it. Kiara knew Juliet would be better at it than she was.

"Do I really have to do this? Can I not just sit this one out, you know, just chill in the van till you guys get back." Juliet asked when they stopped.

"No, you're doing this." Kiara told her as she got out the van. Juliet groaned as she slid the door to the side so she could join Kiara. The girls walked around to the other side of the van and stood by John B's window.

"Hey, don't worry. You got this." John B said to the girls as he lent out the window.

"It's not us that I'm worried about." Kiara said as she looked at the two boys arguing in the back. Juliet laughed as she looked between Kiara and John B. Kiara's next movements were unexpected to Juliet, and to John B, she just thought it would help them a little. Kiara grabbed Juliet's top in her hands and pulled it down a little more than Juliet ever would've had it.