xvi. broken wrists

CHAPTER SIXTEENXVI

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
XVI. BROKEN WRISTS

          SOMETHING HAD CHANGED FOR JULIET THAT NIGHT, NOT THAT SHE COULD FIGURE OUT WHAT BUT SOMETHING CHANGED. It was like she had a sudden realisation or an epiphany of some sort. The boat ride from the Island Club to Rixon's cove made Juliet realise a few things.

Firstly, life was too short. This wasn't something that was unknown to anyone because everyone knew that life was too short. Too short to hold grudges and be mad at people for things that they didn't mean. Life was also too short to not express your own feelings, no matter what they were.

Juliet also realised that forgiving people was an important part of moving on from something. If you can't forgive someone then you're not going to move on from whatever happened. You're just anchoring yourself to whatever hurt you in the first place and you're not going to get over it if you don't learn to forgive whoever caused that pain, even if it's yourself.

John B has managed to not say a word about what had been going on till everyone was sitting round a fire that him and JJ had made at Rixon's Cove. Pope was sitting on a tree branch, Kiara was sitting on a cooler and Juliet was sitting on the floor now wearing a hoodie over her dress that John B had given to her.

"So, like, my dad's going to kill me?" Pope spoke up, making Juliet laugh. She couldn't even imagine how angry her mother and Paul would be. Juliet was in deep trouble. "So, what's this mandatory meeting about?" Pope then asked, looking between John B and JJ.

John B and JJ shared a look before John B held up his hands like guns to prompt JJ to speak. "Might as well tell him, man. Before we're gaffed." JJ told John B, looking between him and the burning fire.

"You ready for this?" John B then looked at the two girls.

"Yeah." Kiara quickly said as Juliet nodded. They were definitely ready to hear what John B had been doing.

"So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant." John B had told them, noticing how Juliet had immediately rolled her eyes at him. She couldn't believe he was still trying to find this gold. Hadn't they gone through enough already.

"Oh, my God. Here we go again with this." Pope spoke up, also rolling his eyes. They were all a little fed up with the whole gold situation. Especially after all the trouble they went to just to find out there wasn't any gold in the shipwreck.

"No. All right, wait. Hear him out, all right?" JJ turned to look at Pope. They needed to hear John B out first before they started telling him again it was all bullshit.