xxvii. forgiving

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVENXXVII

XXVII. FORGIVING

          AFTER JULIET HAD CRASHED KIARA'S CAR TWICE, SHE DECIDED TO SWAP WITH POPE AND LET HIM DRIVE INSTEAD. She didn't want a repeat of before where everyone was shouting at her because she didn't particularly enjoy it. Juliet didn't know why Kiara wasn't driving but she guessed she was still exhausted from driving it around all night. And it turns out, Pope was just as bad as Juliet had been and what made it worse, JJ had rolled two more blunts up so Pope was smoking while driving. Pope had also crashed into other cars while driving Kiara's around The Cut and Figure Eight.

"Pope, you clocked that car, man. Like, that was so bad!" JJ had still been sitting in the back of the car, now with Juliet, smoking another joint. Pope had just crashed into another car and for some reason, they had both found it hilarious.

"I'm just glad I'm not driving now." Pope laughed turning around to look at JJ. One hand on the wheel and the other holding a joint. Juliet was most definitely fearing for her life in that moment and that was when Kiara had enough. But JJ had just found it funny.

"Pull over!" She shouted at Pope, who had slowly stopped the car. "JJ, it's not funny." Kiara then said as she opened her door and got out, hearing JJ's giggles from behind her.

And JJ just kept laughing. "Mama's mad." He mumbled to himself. And then when Kiara and Pope swapped places, he asked Kiara what their plan was. They couldn't keep driving around for another day. "Where are we going?"

"The last place they're gonna look." Kiara told him before she drove off and headed for Figure Eight. It didn't take them too long to arrive at their destination but when they did arrive, the sun had set and it had gone dark. Meaning no one saw Kiara pull up out the back of the Cameron's house.

None of the others knew where Kiara was taking them till they pulled up outside Sarah's house and Juliet was a little worried. "W-Why are we at Sarah's house? Kie, I don't know about this." Juliet said, leaning in between the driver and passenger seats of the car.

"Look, we're gonna go and talk to Sarah." Kiara told her, thinking they could get Sarah to talk to the police about John B and how he was completely innocent. She was an eye witness, they had to try.

Juliet frowned. "We? I don't think leaving these two idiots here alone is the best idea. They're both high as kites." Juliet told Kiara, not even trying to whisper it so the boys didn't hear.

Kiara let out a sigh. She was right. "Fine. Okay. Me and Pope will go. You stay here with JJ." Kiara changed the plan, thinking it was better that she handle Pope than to handle JJ. JJ was too reckless. "And you need to focus." She'd then said to Pope before exiting the car.