vi. square groupers

CHAPTER SIXVI

CHAPTER SIX
VI. SQUARE GROUPERS

TO CLEAR HER HEAD AFTER THE MANIC DAY SHE'D HAD BEFORE, JULIET HAD DECIDED TO GO FOR A RUN WHEN SHE WOKE UP THAT MORNING. It was 8am when Juliet left the house and started running through Figure Eight, the earliest she'd gone on a run for in weeks. She needed to clear her head of the many thoughts building up and clouding her mind. She couldn't stop thinking about the men who were shooting at them in the marsh, she couldn't stop thinking about John B finding his fathers compass and she couldn't stop thinking about JJ. Juliet didn't know how her and JJ got through a whole day without arguing once and why he was acting like he suddenly cared about her when his actions for the past 5 weeks said otherwise.

Most people had found running boring. And it was probably the most boring form of cardio for a person to do, there were much better alternatives and Juliet knew that. But there was something about running through her hometown in the early hours of the morning that calmed her. The sun had only just come up, leaving the sky a beautiful mixture of blue and orange, and it was quiet and peaceful.

During her run, while she was running through the Cut, Juliet had gotten a phone call from Kiara. She'd asked her to get to the Chateau as quickly as she could. Kiara didn't say much but that her and Pope were on their way over there and that John B and JJ had something important to tell them. So Juliet told Kiara she would be there as soon as she could before she hung up and started jogging to the place that John B called home. It took her 5 minutes at the most to get there and surprisingly she'd gotten there before Kiara and Pope had. John B and JJ were out on the porch together when Juliet walked through the house, she quickly grabbed a water bottle from the fridge before joining the boys outside. 

John B noticed her first, giving Juliet a smile. "Hey. I was gonna call you but I ran out of credit after I called Kiara." He told her.

Juliet nodded. "I figured. So where the hell did you two go?" Juliet said as she walked past John B and stood beside him, leaning against one of the porch screen panels.

JJ was leaning against the side of the house smoking his juul. He hadn't looked up at Juliet till she started speaking with John B. And part of him wished he'd never looked up. Juliet was wearing a sports bra and a pair of cycling shorts, a matching purple set that probably cost more than any clothing JJ owned, and she looked good, really good. It was often that Juliet's attire was a sports bra and shorts, sometimes leggings if it was chilly, so it wasn't like JJ had never seen her wearing something like that before but it was something about the fact he knew he couldn't make a flirty comment that he would normally and watch as Juliet blushed and rolled her eyes. That wasn't an option anymore.

As John B told Juliet that they'd gone to see Scooter Grubbs' wife about the compass, JJ's eyes stayed on Juliet. She was sweating from running all the way from her house, the sweat dripping down her face, her neck, her chest. JJ couldn't keep his thoughts at bay, his highly inappropriate thoughts. Did it feel wrong and did he feel guily? Not really, he was a hormonal teenage boy and a beautiful girl was standing right in front of him, it was normal.