iv. keggers

CHAPTER FOURIV

CHAPTER FOUR
IV. KEGGERS

AFTER JULIET AND JJ'S LITTLE DISPUTE ON THE BOAT, THE POGUES DISCOVERED THAT A BODY HAD BEEN FOUND IN THE WATER. Juliet had a hunch almost straight away that it was the owner of the boat they'd found, it was too much of a coincidence not to be. As they were taking the body away on the dock, a girl Juliet and the boys knew from school had told them that it was Scooter Grubbs and that he'd been out in the storm. When JJ had asked her what boat he had owned, she told them it was a Grady-White. JJ wore a panicked expression when he looked at John B. It had been his boat they found, his motel room they raided which meant it was his gun and money that JJ had stolen.

The five had headed back to the Chateau after, all feeling a bit weird after knowing they'd found a dead mans boat and stolen from his motel room, well Juliet did anyway. There was no way she could go home and leave them now. Juliet was sitting beside Kiara on the porch when the group decided to talk about what happened. "So....we didn't see anything. We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia." Pope had walked through the screen door that led to the porch at the back of the Chateau and he sat down beside Juliet

"Actually, Pope's right for once. " JJ said, standing up from his seat. "See, I agree with you sometimes. Deny, deny, deny." He walked over to where John B was standing while he spoke. He thought if they all pretended like it never happened then no one would know.

"Guys, we can't keep that money." Kiara said, speaking to the group as a whole but it was mostly aimed at JJ.

JJ almost rolled his eyes. "Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." He then knew Juliet would probably agree with Kiara too. And he was right.

"She's right, though. That man is dead and you stole his money. We could all get into serious trouble." Juliet spoke looking straight at JJ. He rolled his eyes and turned away from her.

Kiara nodded in agreement with Juliet. "We have to pass it off to Lana Grubbs, otherwise it's bad karma." She added. The money should be given to his wife or they would be facing consequences, whether it be karma or getting in trouble with the cops.

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony too. We gotta go dark." Pope said. Juliet wasn't sure what that meant but she didn't think they should be 'going dark'. They should be telling the police they found his boat so at least they could investigate it. But they'd have to leave out the part where they took the motel key and stole money and his gun.

"If that means we get to keep the money then I agree." JJ said, walking around John B to stand the other side of him. It was then Juliet's turn to roll her eyes, he needed to stop focusing on the money. She understood that having money in such large amounts like that was different to him than it was to her but there were more important things to be worrying about, like a dead body. And it frustrated Juliet that JJ didn't see that.