chapter 10

James's POV

I drive Riley home and after the constant singing to the radio, we arrive at her house. Before getting out she turns to face me

"I'm sorry for how I've been acting, the truth is, I am afraid to let people in and show the real me"

"There's a party on soon, maybe you should come, I can drive you and it'll help you be more social-able."

" I don't think I can, I mean, I still don't really know anyone other than you west and Eldon"

"Really? What about Chloe and giselle?"

"I don't speak to them much"

"Okay, so tomorrow, I'll pick you up, take you to school earlier and I'll introduce you to some people, okay?"

"Sounds great" she's says sarcastically getting out of the car " see you tomorrow, she closes the car door without another word"
I drove back over to my house, when I get back no ones in, so I'm guessing molly has taken lily to go find our parents, I guess just by reading the note they left explaining that, they don't cone back until 9 so I just ignore my sisters and stay in my room. I wait for tomorrow to come and eventually it does, I drive over to her house 10 minutes before we usually leave school, so we'll arrive 10 minutes earlier, she jumps into my car and on the way to school we just talk about random things, I can tell she's nervous though, especially when I see her reaction as we pull up by school. I open the car door for her to get out.

"No need to be nervous" I reassure her

"Why would I be nervous, I'm a natural" she steps out, she tries to hide it and does a very good job of it but I can tell she's lying, "let's go" she says walking ahead and into the school. I take her round till I reach the spot where some girls I know hang out.

"Hey James" A blond girl greets me, "found a new girl to hit on" Amber hits her arm and whispers something in her ear "what, she's Eldon's girlfriend? Your Eldon's girlfriend, I thought he was lying" Riley stands there silent so I know I should speak for her

"Riley this is Michelle, Amber, Thalia, Kat and Stephanie"

"Hey" they greet her

"And guys this is Riley, she's new so can you do me a favor and get to know her?"

"Of course" Michelle says, by her tone, I am a little worried but I know it'll be alright. I walk away leaving her with them, she watches me leave and I wave, she gives me a small wave back then turns away from me to talk to them.
Soon school starts and I have to go to math, yay, it's like the worst lesson.
As I'm walking to next lesson in see Michelle.

"So how's Riley?"

"I don't know, once you left she started to go around introducing herself to all the boys-" my heart kinda sinks, even though she's not my girlfriend, I want her to be mine, no other guys "she's with them right now."
All the time till lunch, all I can think of is Riley. When it's lunch I go looking for Riley, I find her surrounded by boys, I grab her arm and pull her away from them

"Well that was rude" she says

"Sorry but I didn't expect that leaving you with the girls would cause to change"

"I haven't changed James"

"Well this morning you was scared about getting to everyone and now your surrounded by everyone"

"They just love me, that's why" she walked faster and ahead of me.

Riley's pov
Usually when I walk away, they run after me, but James didn't, he stopped walking. My heart. Breaks a little, I was expecting him to chance after me. I stop and turn around to look at him.

"I'm sorry okay, in my last school I was alway the girl to be, everyone knew me, as soon as you introduced me to them, I felt like I was back there, I could speak to anyone, but here I'm not so I was gonna make me be that girl again" I turn back away from him and leave. I cannot hear any footsteps behind me. As much as I want him there, I don't want to explain what I just said