Chapter 17

Riley's POV
This person takes me out of the room and I'm terrified, I knew this party was a bad idea,

"If you knew what was good for you, you won't do anything stupid" a deep voice says, I can tell its s mans voice, I can't tell of what age they are. I can't help breathing heavily, I go to turn around but his stops me turning around. "No, no, you won't do that either"

James's POV
Once Amanda tells me about Riley going to some party, I know its a bad idea

"Well where is she"

"Why would you care?"

"Because I care about her, if you knew her as well as I know her, then you would know that what's going in isn't right"

"Ok I'll drive you there, she told me not to tell anyone, she didn't say anything about showing someone where she is"

Riley's pov
I just run, run and run, I'm honestly terrified. I don't know where I am, I'm not familiar with this area, and this creep from the party is now after me. Charlie promised to stay with me at all time and it wasn't like he left me safely with someone I know, I didn't see a single person in sight. I'm not far away from where the party is held, I'm still really close to where it is. But I find myself stumbling upon a field in the dark. I can tell he's not far behind me but I can no longer run, my shoes are killing me. I take of my shoes too in a rush to pick them back up, luckily the field is dry so I just run as far as I can until I bump into someone. It's him, the creep from earlier. I don't know who he is but he looks about a year or two older than me, and you can tell he's drunk, you can smell it in his breath.

"Why'd you have to go so soon, what's the rush babe." I take a look at my surroundings. There's nothing around, no cars, houses, nothing. I watch as he pulls something out of his back pocket. It may be dark but I can see, its a gun. He's too quick. The next thing I know, the gun is at my head. I just remained still "do you still wanna run" I stay silent and no movement. "Didn't think so"

James' pov
"Im pretty sure we're lost." I tell Amanda as we drive down a road which is empty, basically just a road and a field.

"This is the right way, I know it is" I watch out the window and i see two people dressed up as if they were at that party, I see the guy lift up the bottom of her dress. I turn away and let them have their own business. But from the corner of my eye, I see something is pointed at her head

"Oi, slow down," she does as I say. I notice that it's a gun pointed to her head. They aren't making out, now I realise. "Stop a minute." I jump out of the car and I can see a lot better. I can see good enough to see that it's Riley, the hairstyle. The dress. And I can tell it's her. Just by knowing her. I walk up to them, I'm not going to let him touch anymore of my Riley. He may look older than me. But right now I don't care "Oi, what you doing with my girl." His attention is now on me, his hands off her but the gun isn't. riley doesn't turn around. Probably too scared too.

"Oh really, she's yours"

"Yes, and actually I don't want you touching her up" I notice the gun is no longer actual on her head, it's close but she could sneak away. And I notice her trying to, all I have to do is stall him whilst she does. "She's mine" Riley ducks down a little so her heads away from the gun. She takes two steps back and then she runs over to me. I take her hand and we run. I get her over to Amanda's car and we both jump in the back and she drives off quickly. Looking at Riley I can see she's been crying. "Riley why are you out here, why aren't you at the party"

"I should have came." She begins to cry. I move across since we didn't put our seat belts on in the rush. And I hug her

"It okay, baby it's okay" she's shaking, scared. I don't let her go. "Just tell me what's happened"

"Charlie, he's someone from my old school, my mom always liked him, she was expecting me to live with him instead of moving. She knew we really liked each other. But I didn't want to, he spoke to my mom and arranged for me to stay at his house. I have been all week. This party was meant to let me see my old friends. But he was gone and I couldn't find anyone I know. Then he dragged me away and it's led upto now." I'm a little shocked "I'm meant to be staying there the weekend to, I can't go home though, for reasons I cannot say"

"You can stay with me if you want, family is out for the weekend and I have to look after my little sister, you can help me from stopping me from strangling her" I hear her laugh a little.

"If that's alright"
•••
Amanda dropped me and Riley off at my house and just as I step through the door, I am greeted at the door by someone I didn't wanna see