Chapter 20 (Reality strikes)

As you entered Taehyun's house, the both of you just talked and talked and talked

As you entered Taehyun's house, the both of you just talked and talked and talked. Keeping each other company and having fun while doing so.

It's like you had read Renjun's mind, and sent him a text when you reached your destination. Renjun would probably worry otherwise, and that's the last thing you wanted him to do.

Eventually, night had fallen upon the world, and you had to return to the house you once loved to be in.

You knew, deep down in your heart and mind, that you were avoiding the problem. It'd be random to return to your house. How would J-ia react?

How was your house? Was it dirty? Clean? Was there someone over right now? You just wanted the earth to open up and swallow you whole.

"Alright, I guess I'll be on my way, Taehyun. Can't avoid the problem forever." You sighed.

"If there's any trouble, you can call me, ok? Don't stress yourself out." Taehyun responds.

"Cya!" You say and walk out the door.

He waves as you disappear in the night.

"I'm walking home now." You texted Renjun so he wouldn't worry.

"If you want me to drive you, say the word. Be careful." He replies, and the simple thought of him erupts butterflies in your stomach.

"Alright! Ily <3" That was the last text you sent before you put your phone down.

You still had all your school stuff with you since you went straight to Taehyun's place. Grabbing your headphones, you turned them on and listened to the first track that played.

.

Opening the front door, you didn't know what you expected to be in front of you. But anyway, you carefully walked inside, removed your shoes and looked around.

It was so quiet. You wanted to first shower, freshen up, change your clothes, put your school gear in your room, etc.

Jogging up the stairs, there was still no sign of J-ia. Quietly, you peeked in her room to see her, and she wasn't even home to begin with.

First, you texted Renjun and then did what you needed to do afterwards. Finally, you were done everything. Checking your notifications one last time, you closed your phone and went to sleep under the covers, snuggling in them.

You woke up in the middle of the night due to your thirst, and it took you a couple of minutes to go back to sleep afterwards. In that small-time frame, you were starting to think.

Renjun doesn't let you stay a second without him. You always thought this was his personality, he loves being with you 24/7. But now it seemed like something else was the reason, not just that.

Before you could think more, you went back to sleep, and such thoughts shouldn't be thought.

.

Morning time. You had to get ready for school. Let's just say for the record you weren't excited. The bed was extremely cozy today. You just wanted to snuggle up in your sheets and stay asleep.

.

Finally, after everything, you're walking to school. It felt nice to walk again. To everyone, it would seem like a student walking to class. In reality, you had tuned out and were in your imaginary world where everything and everyone was perfect.

Your feet were moving on their own since you weren't paying attention to what you were doing. Arriving at your locker, you only realized what was happening when someone was snapping and waving in front of your face.

Maybe you had tuned out too much. Shaking your head and going back into reality, you look up at the person.

"Oh, Renjun. Sorry, my mind was occupied with other stuff. What's up?" You asked.

"Nothing, I was just worried about you yesterday. Are you feeling better now?" Renjun worriedly inquires.

"Yeah, I'm feeling better now. Thanks for asking." You give him a quick kiss on his cheek.

Grabbing your last stuff from your locker that you needed, you close the door. Then you were slammed on it. You felt a little dizzy, queasy and uncertain.

Looking at the person who did it, it was...J-ia?

Author: Cliffhanger 🤔 (ily)