Chapter 22 (No more loan)

It was that time, to finally clock out and talk to your manager

It was that time, to finally clock out and talk to your manager. What would his answer be? Yes? No? Would you need another job and rotate between them?

You were definitely overthinking. Shutting your mind off, you were going to have to tell that voice that bullies you to shut up.

Inhale. Exhale. There was no going back now. You knocked on the door.

"Come in!" That was the voice of your manager. It's time.

"Hello, sir." You greet him.

"Hello, Y/n. How may I help you?" He asks.

"I was hoping to be able to get more hours, including the weekend." You start.

"Well, what did you have in mind?" He responds.

"I wanted to work every weekday from 3pm to 9pm instead of just 3 days when I work. I was also hoping to work on the weekends from 12pm to 4am." You sum up.

"Don't you have school? All these hours shouldn't you be focusing on studying?" Your manager inquires.

"Something popped up and I need money. I am working at night on the weekend, so I can do my homework during the day." You explain.

"That seems like an uncomfortable position. If you'd like, I can give you the amount you need and every paycheck you earn from working, I'll take a little to pay off your debt." Your manager offers.

You ponder for a moment, but eventually, decide that's what you'll do.

"I accept your offer." You reply.

"You're a good kid, Y/n. I don't want you taking all these hours that you can't manage your school work and balance your life. I know you have anxiety." He says, which boosts your confidence.

You didn't know your manager was so considerate. Now you didn't have to do everything you planned. This puts you in a much easier spot.

.

You got the money, you'd give it to J-ia tomorrow at school. That way, she wouldn't spend it on unnecessary items.

Getting that money was a pain itself, and now you had to be dedicated to your work. If something happened to it, you'd finally shatter.

.

It's the morning now, and you're already on your way to hell, I mean school. How would people react that you have a $15,000 cheque, casually paying off the debt?

You were praying no one assumed you did something wrong to get this money. You signed a contract that was clean and legal. It's just a loan you'd pay back eventually.

In the back of your head, you were wondering how Renjun would react. He never wanted you to pay it off, and you're paying it off, with money from an unknown source to him.

.

Walking through the halls, you made it to your first class. The cheque in your backpack, you didn't let the backpack out of your sight.

J-ia was roaming the halls, and you made eye contact with her. You were starting to really hate her.

"Screw it. I'll just give the cheque to the teacher and avoid everyone. Problem solved." You thought.

.

The cheque was given, and you spotted Beomgyu. You gave a quick wave, and you both walked towards each other.

The other 4 came, and you briefed them quietly on the side. They definitely preferred this loan over the overdramatic other things you had planned... no surprise.

While you were chilling with txt, the principal approached J-ia, probably telling her the fine was paid off. After the teacher left, she kept staring at you, and it made you uncomfortable.

The guys also noticed, and you all left from there. You didn't wanna know what thoughts J-ia was thinking about you.

.

At this point, you were walking down the halls by yourself, and someone kneeled in front of you, crying. That was J-ia.

"Y/n, forgive me, please. When it seemed like you didn't want to pay the loan, I got mad and thought you weren't going to. I slammed you into a locker." J-ia started.

"But when I found out you already paid it off, I felt so terrible. You were always a good sister." She said.

"It's fine. Just don't tell anyone I paid off the loan. And before you think wrongly about me, I got a loan to pay off YOUR loan." You responded, maybe too coldly.

You started to walk away.

Author: thanks for reading ily!