Chapter 21 (Solution)

Disclaimer: For the next few chapters, I will focus on showing y/n's thought process and how she feels inside with anxiety

Anxiety isn't a small thing, and you can feel all this inside, and still look normal on the outside.
It shows a detailed way of how y/n feels truly and how she processes things. Not everyone with anxiety feels like this, it can be different.

J-ia. The reality started to sink in. Renjun was already holding her up against a locker, shouting at her. But you couldn't hear anything.

There was this ringing in your ears. That's all you heard. You couldn't think straight. You just wanted to leave the scene. Flee and never return.

Students were gathering around the scene. Someone grabbed your arm and pulled you out of there. You were stumbling through the hallway, past students, and this person stabilized you.

Ending up outside, you look up at the person. Of course, it was Hueningkai.

"Thanks." You tell him.

"You're welcome. We have 10 minutes before class. Take some air before we go." Hueningkai responds.

"My sister did that?" You asked, defeated.

"Yeah. Y/n she just needs some help or something, idk what just happened." Hueningkai says.

"Yeah, she clearly does. I wonder why she did that." You wonder.

.

Now, you were in your class, thinking about what just happened. She has slammed you pretty hard, so you were met constantly with stinging pain.

The teacher gives you all a 10-minute break, and someone starts to give you a shoulder massage. It felt relaxing and was helping to ease your tense muscles.

Taking a glimpse of the person, it was your desk partner, Renjun. You didn't even realize that you fell asleep.

.

Waking up, you were in Renjun's embrace, napping in class. As if on cue, the lunch bell rings, indicating it is lunchtime.

Getting up, you were stretching and yawning at the same time.

"Y/n, how was your nap?" Renjun asks with a smile.

"It was good. Thanks, Renjun." You respond, holding his hand and walking to the cafeteria.

Once you get there, you both separate. You go towards TXT, and he goes towards the dreamies.

Sitting down to eat your lunch, Beomgyu hands you your tray. Thanking him, you start to dig in.

"Y/n, when do you start your work again?" Soobin asks, since he's aware you took a break from work.

"I actually start today. After school finishes. I also need to find out why J-ia slammed me into a locker." You respond.

"Maybe she thinks you aren't gonna pay for her." Yeonjun suggests.

"Well, yeah, of course not. I need the money first." You chuckle at your situation.

Beomgyu pats your back in reassurance as you drink your soup.

"Did you see the catastrophe this morning?" Taehyun asks.

The 4 of you shake your head, but Hueningkai doesn't.

"Taehyun, and I saw it this morning." He says.

"Nct Dream doing their normal stuff." Taehyun explains.

"Wah, Renjun does all that, then acts as if nothing has happened." You smack your forehead in disappointment.

"It's ok, at least everything will get better eventually." Soobin hopes as you guys get ready for the next class.

.

Walking down the sidewalk, you're on your way to work. The convenience store was 15 minutes away from your school and in the opposite direction to your home.

You felt a little anxiety since you'd been away for so long.

"It'll be like every other day at work..." you tried to convince yourself.

Before you knew it, the store was in front of you, and you had to just go for it, not like you had a choice.

You clocked in and put your stuff in your locker. Next, you put on your biggest smile and got straight to work.

First, you greeted your coworkers and manager, then you were assigned to stock freezers with ice cream. You did your work like normal, and so far everything was ok.

"I was anxious for nothing. Phew." You reassured yourself.

You still had a slight stinging pain in your head plus a terrible headache, so you couldn't wait to go home and get an ice pack.

Time was ticking so slow it felt as if you had been stuck there forever. Being a cashier wasn't much better, thanks to anxiety.

This day still wasn't going as bad as you'd initially thought. If you were going to save up 15,000 dollars, you needed to survive.

Bury all intrusive thoughts and disregard your anxiety. That's how it was going to go.

The number of hours to the amount of money you were making was not enough. Instead of having to work 3 days a week, you'd have to talk to your manager to give you work every day.

Having time to reset and get ready mentally wasn't an option. Your mental health would come second. No questions asked.

It seems harsh, but if you continued the way you were, then it'd take years to save up that much. After all, you were on minimum wage.

If your manager didn't want to give you more hours, then you'd have to get a second job.
Before you left, you'd make sure to talk about that. The anticipation was killing you and definitely spiked your anxiety levels much higher.

Author: thanks for reading 💕