Chapter 24 (Telling Renjun)

Now you were walking back to class, people were staring, literally burning holes into you

Now you were walking back to class, people were staring, literally burning holes into you. Jaemin, Chenle, Jeno, Yeonjun and Soobin were in this class. They were all looking at you.

Everyone's staring was something you didn't appreciate. You figured people thought you got in trouble.

"Let them think what they want to." You tell yourself in your head.

.

You successfully avoided everyone, because you were not in the mood to have this tiresome conversation with people who wouldn't understand and support your decision.

Especially when those people are the distractions and the reason you are leaving. You obviously couldn't tell them that. Too much drama and too many hurt feelings.

Honestly, you decided to figure it out as you went. Currently, you are getting your situation under control. There are so many things you need to figure out.

Other than that, you have homework you need to complete. So you were going to start doing that. You need to forget the distractions in order to do your best work.

The best way to do that was to pop on some headphones and listen to your favourite tracks.  That was precisely what you did.

All of a sudden, you hear someone enter your house. You knew exactly who it was. Marching up the steps, they came inside your room.

Glancing at the person, your suspicions were right. It was Renjun. Quickly, you got up and went to hug him. He returned the hug.

"What's up?" You ask as you sat on your bed.

"Y/n, did you get in trouble today in class?" Renjun inquires.

"No, I didn't, who told you that?" You respond with a question.

"No one. What did the principal say?" Renjun avoids your question.

The people who told him were probably the dreamies and possibly TXT now too, it was obvious.

"He told me that my request to switch schools and go on flex boundaries was approved by the alternate school's principal. In 2 weeks, I am leaving this school." You sum up.

"I'm confused. Why don't you like this school? I thought you liked it here?" Renjun says, looking shocked.

You obviously needed to make an excuse. Luckily, you had prepared what you were going to say ahead of time. Of course, what you were saying was a valid reason that he could not dispute.

"This school does not offer the proper facilities and support to aspiring psychologists. However, the other school I've transferred to is known to help students wanting a career in the medical field. I only did what I thought was right for my future." You explain to him as he listens carefully.

"I still don't know how to react to this. If you think this is right, then go for it. You have my support." He says.

"We'll still see each other a lot. That'll just be after school now. Don't worry." You assure him as he sits next to you on the bed.

"I sure hope you're right. I'm worried about you, Y/n. What if something happens to you there?" Renjun sighs.

"I'm gonna be fine, I was fine in this school too." You respond.

"You're probably right. Also, um, I wanted to address the TXT situation. I feel like I need to clarify some stuff." Renjun starts.

"I know you saw those posts, and they were out partying in Jaemin's house. I wasn't the one who brought them there or made them drink or do drugs. I wasn't even present when they were with all those girls. In all honesty, I wasn't even there at the party at all." Renjun continues.

"I was trying to figure out why you visited the principal, but I was trying to decide whether I should ask the principal why or ask you. I chose to ask you because I know it's wrong to act like that." Renjun concludes.

"I'm relieved to know it wasn't your doing, but sometimes, when people are being influenced, they want to actually do what they're being "influenced" to do. If the dreamies were able to do it this easily, then it wasn't all their doing, but also TXT's themselves." You assure him.

"And I do understand where you were coming from with the finding out why I went to the principal. You were concerned, and your intentions were pure, so I'll let it go. But please don't act like a creepy stalker, it's not a good look for you." You forgive him.

Renjun just chuckles as he pulls you into another hug. You give him a quick squeeze.

"Alright, Y/n, I have to go home now. It's getting late." Renjun explains as you let go of him.

"Ok then. Travel safely." You tell him as you both get up and start descending the stairs.

You go with him to the door, and bid your goodbyes. On the inside, you secretly felt relieved that Renjun had nothing to do with the TXT ordeal. Renjun's car zoomed by, and you closed the door.

Thankfully, your mind was calm enough now to sleep, and all the thoughts rushing through your head had somewhat calmed down for the time being.

Author's note: The next chapter is the last chapter... it's sad tbh. Thank you guys for supporting me and I'll see you next time! <3