PROLOGUE

The rain poured heavily outside as the sky rumbled with the thunder and lightning.

Since she had watched Marvel Studios Thor a few days ago on its release date, the thunder reminded her of him and she softly giggled to herself and walked silently down the corridor to her brother's room.

She didn't bother to knock as her small hand wrapped around the door knob and she turned it open, peeking inside.

The room was dark, the glass walls illuminating the room at every minute or so due to the lightning.

She slowly walked in closing the door behind her towards the bed where her brother laid, his back towards her, facing the glass walls.

"Easton." She whispered softly and his body tensed on hearing his sister's voice all of a sudden and he slowly turned around to face her.

"What are you doing here, Zoriana?" He questioned and she gave him an innocent smile.

"It's raining..." She said climbing on the bed beside him.

Easton rolled his eyes. "Well, duh. I can see that."

"You were awake?"

He sighed. "Couldn't sleep."

"Me too." She admitted and humming he sat up straight, leaning his back against the headboard of the bed.

"I can't believe you are turning fifteen day after tomorrow." She said feeling excited for the birthday.

"It's your birthday too, Zoriana. We have the same birthdays."

"Yup. And I am turning eleven." She grinned.

Easton smiled at his sister and gazed out of the window and sighed.

"Easton..." Zoriana's voice turned low and sad. "Will mom and dad come back for our birthdays?"

He didn't have an answer for his sister as he wasn't sure himself when their parents will return.

But he gave her an assuring smile. "They will. They always do, don't they?"

She nodded. "Why do they keep going away all the time?"

"They have a lot of business to handle, sis. They work really hard to provide us everything. If not for them, we wouldn't be living in such a huge house."

She frowned and complained. "But what's the point of such a huge house when they don't even spend time here."

Easton ruffled his sister's hair. "One day...you will understand."

"Are you also going to handle their business once you grow up?" She asked gloomily, fearing he will also won't have time for her.

A dark expression fell over his face, his lips pressing into a thin line. "Yes."

Her frown deepened. "Then you will forget me."

He gave her a tight smile. "I would never forget you, Zoriana. Never."

"Promise?" She asked hopefully.

"Promise." He assured her making her smile widely.

"You will not leave me alone, will you?" She asked again.

He hesitated before shaking his head. "No, I won't."

"Good. Because if you do then I will hunt you down and bring you back."

He chuckled. "I'm sure you will do that." And he pressed a small kiss to his sister's forehead.

"Can I sleep here with you?" Her innocent eyes bore into his and he couldn't say no to his sister. "Of course."

Smiling, she laid down close to him on the bed for comfort.

"Goodnight, Zoriana." He mumbled.

"Goodnight, Easton."

"Don't become like mom and dad when you grow up, please." She mumbled falling asleep.

"Never." He whispered.

Prologue completion on: 9/8/21

Scroll down to the first chapter!