CHAPTER 4: Personal Maid

In case you all are wondering...I am updating so quickly because I need this story to be done as soon as possible so I could submit it for the Wattys 2021.

Alfresca's POV:

I took a shower in the luxury bathroom of that room and changed into a fresh pair of jeans and a crop top.

Drying my hair with the towel, I let it open only and I opened the door stepping out.

I saw a few maids walking here and there busy with their work and looked around for Geordi.

I walked out to the main living room and thought of asking one of the maids about Geordi when I heard him speak behind me all of a sudden. "You ready?"

It startled me and I turned around placing my hand over my heart. He looked amused by my reaction and gestured me to follow him.

Rolling my eyes I followed him upstairs while the other maids gave me a curious look.

Ignoring them I went upstairs with Geordi and as he did before, he again pressed his thumb against that digital screen and the door opened.

Going inside he knocked on the door to his office and when he told us to come in, Geordi pushed open the door and gestured me to go inside.

I walked inside and the door was closed behind me and I kept standing there looking at Mr Searlus who was busy typing on his laptop.

"Sit down, Alfresca." He said, his eyes still fixed on his laptop.

I sat down on the same chair I was sitting before and nervously fiddled with my fingers.

He sighed and closed his laptop and leaned forward fixing his gaze on me. "A few things you need to know."

My eyes were still lowered and I nodded but he gritted his teeth. "Look at me while I am talking."

My eyes immediately snapped to him, obeying his command. His jaw was clenched but he continued anyway. "You have been given your phone back but all your calls will be recorded plus the messages you will send or receive so be careful. You are not allowed to tell anyone your location. Not even your friend Lucy."

How does he even know her?

I wanted to protest but didn't so kept my mouth shut and nodded for which he didn't look pleased. "Use your mouth, Alfresca."

"Yes." I spoke. "I understand."

"Better." He muttered.

"That's it?"

"No." He leaned back. "You are not allowed to leave this mansion as long as I don't allow. Anyway you have your friends waiting for you outside so you wouldn't go out."

"Can't you just scare them away?"

He raised an amused brow at me. "Scare them away? More like kill them?"

"No! Don't kill them!"

"Those guys are ready to kill you the moment you step out from here. And you asking me to spare their life?"

"Um...I mean...they didn't hurt me in anyway till now... so killing them won't be justified..." I tried explaining my point. "Plus I don't wanna be responsible for anyone's death." I mumbled the last part.

For a second, an unreadable emotion flashed across his face but he composed himself promtly. "Hmm...I will deal with them later. And even if they are not there you are not allowed to leave."

"Why?"

"I have my reasons." He said nonchalantly.

"So I just traded my freedom to you?"