CHAPTER 12: Attack

Ruslan's POV:

"You sent Aurora to where?!" Mom yelled over the call.

"She's a rapist. I sent her where she belonged. To the prison."

"She is my best friend's daughter, Ruslan!"

"Do I give a fuck about it?! Your friend's daughter or not, she didn't have the right to do such a thing! And you wanted me to marry her." I scoffed at the last sentence.

"I can't believe you did that." I imagined her shaking her head in disappointment. "We need an heir, Ruslan! What now?!"

"For the millionth time, mom. My child will never work in this line!"

"Oh, don't worry, Ruslan. I will train your child myself." She said in a sly tone.

My jaw clenched. "Like hell I will let you do that."

"We will see." She muttered and hung up the call before I could retort.

Instead of thinking of her, I focused my attention on my work. The shipments are scheduled to leave for Mexico today in the evening. The illegal arms shipment worth millions.

While working, my mind wandered off to Alfresca and I mentally groaned. There's something about her. How pellucid her heart is. It keeps drawing me towards her.

No. What the hell am I even thinking?!

I closed my laptop and got up and walked to the window to my left and gazed out of it sighing to myself.

I want to be a child again. Back to when I wasn't being forced to lead all this.

I always knew that one day I will have to take over from dad. But that would be when I would be over twenty five and by that time maybe I will convince them that I don't want to do all this but the sudden death of dad when I was sixteen had mom forcing me to learn everything and take my position as the next leader of the Searlus Mafia.

Two years of intense training, that involved killing and hurting people. Learning how to gain profit through illegal ways and two years of mental torture for me.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as there was a knock on the door. "Come in." I gave them the permission.

The door opened and Alfresca stepped in. "Sir. I need to clean your office. May I?"

"Yeah, sure." I said as I sat back down on my chair and watched her clean the window panes.

I will resume my work later.

She next moved on to dust my bookshelf and my eyes fell on one of the books there and I said to her. "Ms Leonard, could you hand me that book?"

She looked at me over her shoulder. "Which one, sir?"

"Second shelf, third book from the right." I told her and she nodded and picking up the book came over to me.

She handed me the book and was going back to cleaning when I called her back and gestured her to stand beside me.

She was hesitant but came and stood beside me. I opened a CCTV footage on my laptop of an hour earlier in which she hugs Arthur tightly and it really filled me with a strange feeling.

"This." I said referring to the part where she hugs him. Seeing the footage, a tint of pink appeared on her cheeks. "All this is not allowed."

"Sir..." She spoke softly. "He's just a friend and I was just comforting him."

"Is he?"

"Yes, sir. He's just a friend." She said with a hint of anger in her tone.

There was loud noise on my window pane and my head snapped towards it. The window was bullet proof and whoever tried shooting at it, failed as my eyes narrowed on a man standing on the ground at a distance with a gun.