CHAPTER 15: Comfort

You guys are so good 😭💖.
I said that you all are not commenting between paragraphs and now you all are, thank you so much! It's just my insecure ass needs to know your reactions on some lines and all...

So, keep commenting like that!
*grins*

Alfresca's POV:

It was evening when we received the news. Or rather overheard it from their conversation.

Mr Searlus had finally decided to come out of hiding and was at the table having dinner alongside Geordi in silence when his phone rang.

I was serving them when he almost roared into the phone making me drop the empty plate on the table, thankfully, it didn't break.

"What did you say?!"

Whatever the other person said on the phone made him push back his chair and stand up furiously, Geordi stood up too, baffled as to what happened as we all watched them with curiosity.

His grip on his phone was so tight, I feared it would break as he hung up the call.

"Sir?" Geordi called out in a low voice not wanting to angry him further.

Mr Searlus's back was towards us and he turned around slowly, his eyes shut and his index and middle finger pressed to his forehead. "Mom's dead." He spoke in a cold tone.

She's dead?! What? When? How? Why?

Geordi's face showed pure confusion. "What?"

Mr Searlus opened his eyes that were red with anger. "Had a heart attack an hour ago. She's dead."

"B-but...she was just fine...this evening. How can she...how...what..." Geordi was lost for words and yes her death was shocking but I wondered why it affected him so much.

"She's dead, Geordi." Mr Searlus cut him off. "Prepare for her funeral tomorrow." With that he left and I watched him go upstairs.

Is he really not affected by his mother's death or is he not showing it?

My body itched to go after him and make sure he was okay but it wasn't my place.

So I turned to look at Arthur who had a neutral expression on his face. "Never really liked that woman anyway." He said as I walked to him.

"Don't say like that." I scolded him. "She died and you are not even pitying her."

"She don't deserve pity, you know. She was a cruel woman. I think Mr Searlus hardly cared about her himself."

I sighed and didn't comment on his statement.

He didn't even have his dinner properly. I thought looking at his leftover dinner.

I felt gloomy having received such a news and my mood dampened. May her soul rest in peace. I said a small prayer to God for her and decided to continue with my work.

.
.
.

I couldn't sleep. It was just eleven at night but I sleep around this time everyday but today I couldn't sleep.

Because I was worried. About Mr Searlus.

Is he okay?

I don't think so he even has someone to ask him about his well being.

Oh. So are you going to be that someone? My conscience mocked.

I rolled my eyes at that thought and tossed and turned in my bed, I didn't feel sleepy at all but anxious.