CHAPTER 28: Date?

Me after I made everyone almost cry in the previous chapters:

😂😂😂

Alfresca's POV:

"I'm going to be an uncle!" Easton exclaimed, almost jumping up and down with happiness.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah. You have already said that for the millionth time since yesterday."

He unlocked the door to his house as we came back from the hospital where he made sure I had a proper check up and the doctor advised me to have a proper diet and not go hungry.

It was mid afternoon when we returned from the hospital and Easton made me sit on the couch in the living room, well...our living room and the open kitchen was all combined and he moved to the kitchen to prepare the lunch.

I leaned back on the couch, sighing and glanced down at my belly, placing my palm over it. I was going to be a mother. A small smile graced my lips.

But that smile turned into a frown remembering Ruslan doesn't know about it yet. How will he even react? Did he even forgive me?

If he had forgave me then he would have come for me...but he didn't.

If only he gives me another chance. Another chance to us. Just a chance.

No, no, no. No more tears. I thought, wiping away the tears that formed in my eyes with the back of my palm.

"You okay?" Easton looked over his shoulder when he heard me sniffing and I nodded with a small, forced smile on my face.

"I'm okay..." I spoke in a low voice.

He looked unsure but nodded and continued cooking.

To distract myself, I pulled out my phone from my jean's pocket and scrolled through Instagram.

My fingers stopped scrolling when my eyes fell on a picture of Ruslan. Some news channel had posted it, about his success. I felt proud, really proud of him but my breath hitched on looking at his picture.

The picture dated back to last week. He was sitting in a chair, behind a huge mahogany desk, it must be his office. He was leaning forwards, his forearms rested on top of the desk and his finger intertwined with each other. He stared at the camera, his eyes looking dull and the small smile on his face, forced. His stubble looked much denser and if you notice, there were dark circles under his eyes.

My heart broke at his sight and the tears I had been controlling, flowed down my eyes. I miss him. I miss him so much.

I placed my palm over my mouth to silence my sobs but Easton heard it and in a moment he was beside me.

He sat down next to me, pulling me closer to him. "Hey, hey. What happened?"

I hugged Easton tightly and cried. "Can I please call him? Please? I just want to hear his voice... please..."