CHAPTER 26: Lies (Part 2)

Alfresca's POV:

"Mom?" I called her as I sat on the edge of the bed, watching her get ready infront of the mirror. She looked at me through the mirror. "Yes, Zoriana?"

"I also want to come with you all to the event. Please don't leave me alone here."

"We will come back in a few hours, Zoriana. And besides, it's a boring event. You won't like it there."

I couldn't understand as to why I can't go to the event and I pouted my lips and folded my arms. "You never take me anywhere! I hardly leave the house. Easton goes to school but why am I being taught at home only?"

"Zoriana." She warned, narrowing her eyes through the mirror. "You are just twelve. You won't understand."

I huffed. "You keep saying that. Why don't you try making me understand?"

She ignored me and continued applying her lipstick.

I started to whine. "It's a masquerade ball! It's gonna be amazing. I want to go there too!"

"I said no!" She lost her temper and scolded me, making me silent.

I was silent for a few minutes before I muttered. "I feel like Cindrella, you know. Just like her step mother, you are not allowing me to go to the ball. And then I will cry about it and a Fairy Godmother will come and help me sneak to the ball without anyone's notice and I will enjoy myself there and who knows, I will find my prince too."

That made her stop her make up and turn to me with a stern expression on her face. She placed her arms on her hips. "Don't you dare try sneaking away. Don't think no one would find about it. It's not as easy as it is in the movies."

I rolled my eyes and said nothing and thankfully, she didn't say anything anymore too.

Half an hour later, they all left and as usual I laid in my room, weeping to myself. I wanted to go. I wanted to go there.

That's it. I am going there.

Feeling confident, I got up and ran to my closet and rummaged through it and pulled out a Cindrella style, blue ball gown. And I wore it.

I didn't bother applying any makeup cause I didn't know how to

I didn't bother applying any makeup cause I didn't know how to. And I opened my hair letting it fall over my shoulder.

Now the main problem.

How to get there?

I slowly tip toed out of my room and walked down the corridor silently and then as quickly as possible, I climbed down the stairs.

"Zoriana?"

I froze in my tracks and slowly turned to see my nanny who looked surprised to see me all dressed up.