CHAPTER 29: Wife

Last Chapter.

Alfresca's POV:

"Please...I'll do anything I could. I am even ready to beg... please forgive me. I didn't know and...I never wanted to kill him...mom forced me..." He bent down and placed his forehead against his hands that held mine.

He killed my father...my real father...

"If you decide to not forgive me and you don't want to see my face ever again, I swear I will leave this instance and would never ever bother you again. But I need you to know...that I am really sorry for what I did. I never meant to kill him..." He pleaded.

I ran my fingers gently through his hair and lifted up his head, and cupped his cheek, he placed his palm over my hand that cupped his cheek and he leaned into it, closing his eyes.

"I...I... don't remember my father...how did he look?" I asked him, which surprised him as his eyes flew open. That's the last thing he expected me to ask.

"He..." Ruslan thought for a moment before saying. "He had the same pair of eyes as yours and same hair colour...I don't remember much...I was...too busy crying... refusing to hurt him...but there was determination in his eyes to find his lost daughter."

I sighed and nodded in response. "Ruslan...I don't know what to say...I don't have any memory with him...nor do I remember him. I grew up believing Easton's parents were my real parents and... it's not that they mistreated me besides not letting me go outside. They did treat me as their daughter...yes... sometimes they also did some partialty but...they treated me okay. And if not for them...I would never had Easton as my brother who loved me like his real sister and I... would have never met you."

Ruslan didn't say anything and waited for me to continue. "Yes...what you did was wrong...but you didn't have a choice. It wasn't your mistake entirely...you are guilty for it and that's enough for me. I forgive you, Ruslan. For everything. But now, I just need you with me."

Ruslan's features relaxed and he sighed heavily as if a burden has been lifted off his shoulder. And he smiled softly.

He leaned closer and gently grabbing the back of my neck, brought my lips to his and kissed me softly.

"I love you, Ruslan." I whispered against his lips making making him smile. "I love you too, Alfresca." And he kissed me harder slowly lowering me down on the couch when I remembered something and I pushed him back.

His body hovered mine and he looked at me baffled. "What?"

"I... need...to tell you something..."

"Yes, love?"

I sat up straight. "Promise you won't be mad about it and we will discuss this properly first before taking any actions."

He looked more confused now. "Why will I be mad about it?"

"Okay...um...to be honest... it's your mistake...you didn't use protection the first time and...I'm three months pregnant now." I held back my breath, waiting for his reaction as I bit my lips.

His mouth slightly parted in surprise, his brows furrowed together and he blinked a few times. "W-what did you say?"

I lifted my t shirt and taking his hand, placed his warm palm over the slight bump on my belly. "I'm pregnant, Ruslan."

His jaw dropped and he glanced between my belly and my face in complete shock.

And then a smile broke out on his face.

One moment I was sitting on the couch and the other I was being lifted up by my waist and twirled around by him in the air. His eyes twinkling with happiness. "Oh my goodness! You are pregnant!" He exclaimed. "I'm going to be a father!"