CHAPTER 14: Avoiding

Alfresca's POV:

I was allowed to leave the hospital type room soon and I was surprised to see how everything in the mansion after the attack was repaired so soon.

The first thing I did was to take a long shower in my room and change into a fresh pair of jeans and a black shirt.

Arthur told me that I don't have to do any work, firstly because Mr Searlus gave everyone some time to recover from all this and secondly, because I was his personal maid and he was not at home.

So, I volunteered to help a few people along with Arthur to cook the dinner for everyone. Arthur didn't allow me at first but agreed eventually.

Arthur was talking to me but was acting a bit cold after our argument earlier.

I'm not falling for him. I kept chanting in my mind.

"Everyone get their plates and get into a line. Dinner is ready!" I annouced cheerfully, earning a few chuckles from everyone.

Everyone did as I said, well, they didn't get into a line actually but one by one they came forward with their plates and I served them all rice and curry. The small smile they all gave me made my heart warm.

At last, Arthur came with his plate but before I could serve him, he served himself and I huffed to myself in annoyance.

I served myself too and took a seat at the table and ate in silence. My mind wandering off to Mr Searlus... wondering where he was. It was getting late. I just wanted him to be okay.

He's a Mafia leader. He knows how to take care of himself.

That's right too.

Lifting my eyes, I glanced over to Arthur who sat at the end of the table, he seemed to notice me looking at him and he subtly rolled his eyes.

What is his problem?

After I was done eating, I took another plate and placed some rice and curry on it for Geordi and took it to him who was still healing in the medical room.

The curtains around his bed were closed, since I can't knock on the curtains, I called him softly. "Geordi?"

There was a hoarse reply. "Yes?"

"It's me, Alfresca. Can I come in?"

He was silent for a moment. And then he answered. "Yes."

I pulled apart the curtains and walked in with the plate in my hand. He was sitting up straight with his back against the headboard.

I gave him a smile as I handed him the plate. "I cooked rice and curry for everyone. And brought some for you too."

"Thanks." He muttered.

"You're welcome. Well, enjoy your dinner and have some rest. I'll see you tomorrow." I spoke and he nodded with a small smile as I left.

.
.
.

This morning, as usual, I took Mr Searlus's breakfast to his room and was a bit surprised to not find him there cause he usually is in the room whenever I bring him breakfast.

He's at home only. That I know because I heard some of them say he came back home very late at night.

Anyway. I placed his breakfast on his table and walked away from his room to continue with my other works.

Since, it was Monday, I assumed he would go to work rather than working here but instead he chose to stay at home.

I didn't see him the whole time actually. It seemed as if he was avoiding me.