CHAPTER 13: Disappeared

I have a complain to make against you guys. I appreciate that you all comment and vote but you all don't comment in between paragraphs. 😭😭
When I write a chapter and write a particular line...I think what reaction will everyone give to this but everyone just don't give any reaction. 😭😭
I'm sorry if I sounded rude...I meant no disrespect.

Anyway, enjoy while I take a nap cause I'm too sleepy. 😴

Third Person's POV:

Alfresca slowly opened her eyes, her eyes squinted due to the bright light and she closed them back.

She had a headache and groaning, she again opened her eyes. She was in a huge room. All the walls were painted off white and she noticed several hospital beds which were all seperated by curtains and a few people wearing white coats pacing around the room.

Where am I exactly? She thought as she tried sitting up.

She roamed her eyes around the room and then looked to her right as her curtain was parted and saw Geordi lying there with bandages wrapped around his shoulder. His eyes were closed.

"Geordi?" She called out in a hoarse voice.

Geordi opened his eyes on hearing her voice. He wasn't sleeping or unconscious. And he looked at her.

"What happened to you?" She asked with concern.

"Got shot in my shoulder on my way here." He replied.

"Are you okay now?"

He nodded. "Yes. I'm okay."

"And Mr Searlus? Where's he?" She continued to ask.

"Sir left for some work an hour ago." He told her. "He found you unconscious in his office. What happened there?"

Now that he mentioned it, Alfresca tried hard to think about how exactly she went unconscious.

Having ruminated for a minute she said. "I...was...in the office...under his desk...and then...I heard someone...enter through the window... cause I heard it shatter...I couldn't see who...I was too scared. I didn't come out..."

"And?" Geordi wanted to know. So he could tell this to Mr Searlus later and they could find out who exactly was there and why.

Alfresca's brows furrowed. "And...um...I don't remember clearly but...he pulled me out from under the table...I tried screaming...but he had his palm against my mouth."

"Did you see his face?"

She shook her head. "He had a mask on...full face mask...the typical kidnapper type and then he pressed a cloth against my nose...I tried struggling but in the end...I fell unconscious..."

Geordi sighed and hummed in response as he fell into a deep thought.

A nurse came over to Alfresca and checked her to make sure she was okay as Mr Searlus had instructed.

"Can I leave?" She asked the nurse.

"No. You are okay but it's better to stay here only for sometime. Especially Mr Searlus asked us to keep you under special care."

"Okay..." She mumbled and the nurse went away.

He asked them to keep me under special care? She thought. Why?

Her mind wandered off to the moment Mr Searlus warned her about the grenade and how he jumped over her to protect her.

And the way he told her to calm down. She felt her cheeks warming on those thoughts and her heart fluttered.