CHAPTER 10: You Are A Monster

Next update will be tomorrow, around 8:30 am IST. No. I don't usually wake up this early... it's just an act so my parents would be like, "Oh, my daughter's attending the online classes!" While in actual, the online classes keep running in the background while I write on Wattpad.

*grins*

Alfresca's POV:

Someone again knocked impatiently and Arthur pulled opened the door to come face to face with a furious looking Mr Searlus.

His jaw was clenched and his eyes focused on Arthur. "Where's--"

His eyes fell on me and his jaw clenched even more and he gritted his teeth. "What are you doing here?"

"I...I...um...sir..." I was lost for words.

"Arthur." He spoke coldly. "Leave."

No! Why is he making him leave?!

Arthur was hesitant for a moment but left eventually leaving me alone with him.

Mr Searlus stepped inside the room and shut the door behind him making me more scared.

"Mr Searlus...I am sorry...I..." I tried apologising as he walked closer to me making me take a few steps back.

His eyes glared into mine making me shudder under his gaze. He grabbed my shoulder in a firm grip and slammed me into the wall behind me, stepping even more closer to me until his body was almost pressed against mine.

He grabbed my wrists and pinned my arms above my head holding them with one hand while the other gripped my jaw firmly.

"Didn't I tell you to not let her go there?" He hissed.

His grip on my jaw was too firm and it hurt, I closed my eyes as tears formed in the corner of my eyes.

"Speak, will you?" He spat.

"I-it's...hur-ting..." I stuttered, referring to his tight hold on my jaw.

I opened my eyes and for a second guilt flashed across his face, his features softened and he immediately let go my jaw making me sigh in relief.

He gently brushed his knuckles against my jaw for a second before dropping his hand. I felt tingles spread where his knuckles brushed but I didn't ponder on it much.

His cold demeanor was back as his jaw clenched again. "Why would you let her go there when I told you not to?"

"S-she..." I contemplated whether to tell him the truth or not.

His eyes roamed my face and for a second lingered on my lips before he was back to glaring at me.

"She forced me." I admitted honestly.

He removed his hand holding my arms above my head and they fell to my sides. And he placed his hand beside my head on the wall.

He frowned. "What did you say?"

"Sir. I wasn't going to let her go there but she forced me. I'm telling the truth."

He ruminated for a few seconds. "Come with me." He said as he took my hand in his and dragged me out of the room.

Where is he taking me? To kill me?

I don't wanna die yet! God, save me!

His grip on my wrist was gentle as he took me up the stairs. Outside the door, he pressed his thumb against the scanner. And took me inside to his office as the door opened.