CHAPTER 18: Screwed

Alfresca's POV:

"Sir, you called?" I asked as he opened his bedroom door.

I didn't see him much after coming back from the funeral until now, late at night.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me in, shutting the door behind me and he backed me up against the door.

He frowned. "Didn't I tell you to call me by my first name, huh?"

"Um..." I lowered my eyes. "I forgot..."

He lifted my chin with his index finger. "Don't forget again, okay?"

"Okay, Ruslan." I whispered making him smile.

"I have a question." I spoke.

"Yes, love?" He asked sweetly making my heart skip a beat.

"That day...when I came to you for the first time, asking for you to save me. Why did you save me?" I have asked this question before also but he didn't answer at that time, but this time I hope he will answer this.

He sighed. "Let's say...that...a long time ago, I had a bestfriend. We were around fifteen. And I know it sounds stupid but...we promised each other to always help others." He chuckled nervously, feeling embarrassed. "That if ever someone comes to us for help, we would never decline it." He scratched the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly.

I chuckled softly. "So, you helped me because of that?"

Still smiling sheepishly, he nodded making me chuckle d again. "That's so sweet. And...thank you."

"You don't find that stupid?"

I shook my head. "Definitely not."

"Oh..."

"You said you had a bestfriend...is he...dead?" I asked softly.

"No. He is very much alive but that's another story for another day." He refused to tell that story and turning around, walked to his bed.

And then I remembered. "Why did you call me here?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "To sleep."

What did he say? "I beg your pardon?"

I was still standing where I was, so, he came over to me and taking my hand in his dragged me to his bed. "This is a bed. And it's where one sleeps to help their body get some rest and time to function properly. And that's what I am asking you to do."

My mouth fell open. Has he lost his mind?

"B-but...I have my own room...and..."

"I was just suggesting that we...um...cuddle...to sleep like last night..." A tint of pink coated his cheeks.

"Oh..." I said, not sounding sure.

And he quickly added. "But if you are not comfortable, it's okay." And his voice turned gloomy. "You can sleep in your room if you are uncomfortable."

He looked so cute.

"It's okay. I can sleep here." I smiled softly and a wide smile broke out on his face too. "Thanks..."

I got on top of the bed and laid my head on the pillow, right where I slept last night and he joined me soon after turning off the lights, letting the moonlight to illuminate the room. And he pulled his t shirt over his head and threw it on the floor, leaving him in a pair of gray sweatpants. I blushed at his bare chest, broad shoulders, his six pack abs.

We laid beside each other, face to face and he stared at me intensely and lifting his hand, brushed a strand of stray hair behind my ear.

"Ruslan?"