CHAPTER 21: Breakfast

Ruslan's POV:

No nightmares.

It seemed she possessed some kind of magic to scare away my nightmares. Those bad memories.

I glanced at the woman sleeping peacefully in my arms and my heart swelled with love for her. I love her. Every word she says, every look she gives me, her every touch just makes me fall in love with her over and over again.

Last night was the most beautiful night of my life. The words were on the tip of my tongue, last night I wanted nothing but to confess my love for her and to make it clear that I was making love to her.

But I held myself back.

I don't wanna scare her away. I wanna care for her and make her fall in love with me. Maybe. I am not sure whether she will ever love me or not.

Her back was pressed to my front and with a groan, she turned around in her sleep and buried her head in my chest and my heart warmed as I gently stroked her hair.

I glanced at the wall clock; it was eight in the morning. Usually, I wake up before it but...I didn't want to leave the bed today since I had my queen sleeping in my arms.

I gotta thank my best friend and our stupid promise which made me meet her.

She shuffled in my arms, burying her head in my chest even more. "Ruslan." She whimpered. "It's paining..."

"What's paining, love?" I asked, pressing a kiss to her head.

"Whole body." She answered.

I couldn't stop the chuckle escaping my mouth. She was being adorable. "Love, you are sore. And that's justified after the events of last night."

She groaned, her face still pressed up against my chest. "If I knew this would happen I would have never done that."

"But don't you think the pain's worth it?" I teased and felt her lips curling up in a smile.

"Maybe..." She whispered.

"I love y--" I almost slipped up. Like I said, it's on the tip of my tongue. "I loved last night." I covered my slip up quickly.

She hummed in response and then lifted her head up and looked at me with those innocent brown eyes. "Can I take a day off today? Please."

I brought her hand upto my lips and kissed her knuckles. "Of course, love."

She grinned. "Thank you!" And chuckling, I pecked her lips.

We fell into a silence and I shifted and laid on my back and she placed her head over my chest. "Ruslan?"

"Hmm?"

"I don't want to ruin your mood but...how did your dad die?" She questioned in the softest tone possible.

My mood dampened but I didn't show it. And said in a low voice. "He died... because of me..." My eyes fixed on the ceilings. Memories of those nights flashed through my mind.

"I'm sure that's not entirely true. But if you don't wanna tell... it's okay then."

I never really talked about it to anyone, not even Geordi. He knew how he died but never did I discussed it with anyone. It always made me feel guilty.

"No." I said. "I want to tell you."

"You sure?" She asked.

I nodded, not meeting her eyes. "Yes. I...I was sixteen at that time. Dad was the leader of the Searlus Mafia. Feared by everyone. I...was instructed by him to always take the guards along with me wherever I go...and I hated it. I hated that I was being guarded. One afternoon...I sneaked out alone. I was going to see my bestfriend and I didn't want those guards to follow me..."