CHAPTER 8: Aurora

Another update! Thank my impatience.

Alfresca's POV:

I knocked on his office door. And he called me in. "Come in, Ms Leonard." His tone cold as usual.

I pushed open the door and stepped in, my eyes fixed on the floor as I closed the door behind me.

"Ms Leonard..."

I lifted my head to look at him, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "Yes, sir?"

He was leaning forward, hands resting on top of his desk. His lips pressed into a thin line. "What relation do you share with Arthur Canning?"

"What do you mean by that?" I asked sharply.

His eyes narrowed at me. "Did you not hear what I just said? Or have you gone deaf?"

I gulped and mumbled. "Sorry."

He repeated his question in a stern tone. "What relation do you share with Arthur Canning?"

"Um...he's a friend..."

"A friend?"

"Yes, sir." I stated.

"And what was the cause of your argument with him a few minutes ago?"

I didn't want to tell him the real reason. I mean it would sound weird saying that Arthur suspects I have a crush on Geordi.

"Nothing important, Mr Searlus." I replied.

His jaw clenched and he slammed his fist on the desk making me flinch. "Just answer what I asked!"

"I...um...Arthur... thought that I..." I stopped abruptly, still contemplating whether to tell him or not. Though it's not a very important thing but if I won't tell him, he will definitely kill me.

He tapped his fingers on his desk impatiently waiting for me to speak.

So, I took a deep breath and said. "Arthur thought I was crushing on Geordi and that's why we got into an argument."

He cocked his head. "Are you?"

My brows furrowed in confusion and seeing my baffled expression, he sighed. "Are you having a crush on Geordi?"

"No! Of course not."

He was about to say something but his phone rang and he picked up the call. He didn't say anything and just listened to whatever the person on the other end had to say and he scowled and gritted his teeth. "Bring her up."

He put down his phone and looked at me. "Now...let me make this thing clear. I don't care whether you have some crush on Geordi or not but this household has no place for all this nuisance. So, I would suggest, Ms Leonard to focus on your job."

Aargh! Why does people think that if you are being friendly with anyone it means you are crushing on them or something.

"I don't have any crush on him! I was just trying to be friendly with him."

A dark look fell over his face. "Watch your tone." He warned.

Cursing at myself mentally, I apologized. "Sorry."

Someone knocked on the door and with a heavy sigh, he called them in.

The door was pushed opened as I stepped aside and in walked a woman. Long, slender legs, body figure of a model, pale skin, waist length, creamy blonde hair, parted in the middle. Striking blue eyes with sharp features. She looked to be in her mid twenties, wearing a black colour summer dress with a plunging neck, enough to show her cleavage.