CHAPTER 27: Tears

Three Months Later...

Alfresca's POV:

"Whose turn is it today to make breakfast?" Easton asked coming out of his room, running his fingers through his hair.

"It's yours." I replied making him groan loudly and I chuckled.

Scowling, he walked into our small open kitchen and started preparing the breakfast while I sat at the dining table and scrolled through my phone.

Three months ago when I got to know all the truth, it hurt, it really hurt but Easton gave me some time to figure out everything and in the end, I forgave him and we decided to live, here in Prague together. We can't go back to USA, they will find us.

And it's more peaceful here.

I help Easton in running his cafe, and we spend our free time watching movies... going out sometimes... talking.

"There you go, sis. Your pancakes." Easton placed a plate of chocolate pancakes infront of me and I gave him a small smile and he sat down opposite to me with his plate of pancakes.

My mind replayed the memory when Ruslan tried to make pancakes for me. As usual, I felt tears forming in the corner of my eyes.

No matter how much I try to forget him, I can't. I just can't. And my heart keeps aching for him. To be close to him, to be in his arms. To kiss him, to care for him.

He never came back to me, he never called, he never left me a message. He trusted me and I betrayed him.

I betrayed him.

"Zoriana?" Easton's voice pulled me out of my thoughts and I realised I was just staring at the pancakes, lost in my thoughts not even realising that I was crying.

He looked at me emphatically and gently squeezed my hand that was placed on top of the table. "I know you miss him...but there's nothing you can do about it."

"Just once, Easton." I cried softly. "Just once I want to meet him. Just see him."

He got up from his seat and came and sat down on the chair beside me and wrapping his arm around my shoulder, placed my head on his shoulder.

"I love him, Easton. I love him so much...and I..." I broke down and he placed a kiss on top of my head.

Easton sighed. "Um...he...called yesterday..."

That made me stop crying and snap my head at him. "He did?"

Easton nodded. "Yeah...he did..."

"What did he say?"

"Just random things... about the cafe...and if I need anything..."

I felt as if he was hiding something. "What else?"

"He inquired about you...asked how you were..."

He asked about me. I know I sound desperate but he remembers me. He asked about me.

"What did you say?"