CHAPTER 7: Trouble

I'm trying hard not to publish the whole story at once. 😅

Anyway, enjoy!

Alfresca's POV:

I was back on duty.

Cleaning his personal area, giving him his breakfast every morning and sometimes the dinner too if he says.

The whole week went by this. I was tired of working already. I used to be a waitress but the work load was much less as compared to working as his personal maid.

I have to do almost his each work.

Like washing his clothes, I mean putting it in the washing machine and all, drying them, ironing them, folding them and keeping them in his closet which is almost the size of a small room.

His bathroom has to be cleaned by me.

I even cleaned his office once or twice. And that's only when he is present there. He doesn't let anyone in there.

It was very daunting to clean his office under his scrutinizing eyes.

He kept staring at me almost the whole time as if I am a threat.

Today was Saturday and he was home. And I was cleaning his office again. And yes. He was keeping a watch on me.

He was wearing a plain black full sleeved t shirt with sleeves rolled upto his elbows and gray sweatpants. And was no longer working on his laptop instead he had shut it down and leaned back in his chair and rested his legs on top of his desk. Both his arms under his head, his eyes half closed but I know he was still looking at me.

I was currently dusting his bookshelf that had a numerous amount of business related books. Not that I was expecting him to read novels.

I felt nervous as his gaze burnt into my back, it was making me so nervous that I had already dropped the cleaning cloth twice on the floor.

And for the third time, the cloth fell down from my hand to the floor. Sighing heavily I crouched down to pick it up but somehow I lost my balance and fell backwards on my butt.

I shut my eyes in embarrassment and cursed that man in my mind for making me so nervous and clumsy.

"Are you always this clumsy?" Came his voice laced with a Russian accent.

I hate how sexy he sounds!

I immediately picked myself up and composing myself, stood straight facing him.

He was no longer sitting the way he was before. He had removed his legs from the desk and was now leaning forward with a hint of amusement in his eyes.

"No, sir." I replied making sure I was looking at him cause he doesn't like when someone don't look at him while talking.

"Am I making you nervous and scared then?" He asked nonchalantly.

I wanted to scream and say yes and tell him to not stare at me anymore.

But of course I can't do that.

So, I nodded and said softly. "Yes."

One side of his lips twitched up in a slight smirk. "Good. You should be." He said feeling satisfied with himself.

Aargh! Fuck you!

Well. You can. He's very sexy. My conscience said and my eyes widened slightly at my thought. I averted my eyes from him as my cheeks warmed up.

No. No. No. This is bad. Don't even go there! He's a Mafia leader. He's the bad guy!

"You may leave now." His voice pulled me out of my thoughts.