𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

ROADTRIP | CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

|❤︎|

THIRD PERSON !
°✈︎༄❤︎➪
New York, at night

_________________________________

THOUGHTS SWIRLING AROUND in her head, Lillian felt anxious. Her fingers tapped against her thigh, her other hand gripping her hair while annoyed groans slipped past her lips.

She was over it. So over it all.

The whole game with Kay got stuck in her head, even during dinner she sat on the whole other side of Zach just because she felt like everyone was watching her.

And honestly, they kinda were.

She couldn't understand how Kay could suggest something like that, dating her soon to be ex boyfriend. Why wouldn't she mind?

Why was she trying to set her best friend and boyfriend up before the two even had broken up?

It didn't make sense to Lillian. Especially when she never even talked about Zach that way. She never said anything about liking him more than just a friend.

But now it was the only thing she could think about.....because did she like him? He was her type, that's for sure. And maybe if he and Kay weren't dating—she would've probably had a small crush on him.

But what does that mean now?

Lillian felt her head ache, trying to sort out her feelings, trying to find out if she ever felt something when she was with him.

It was clear to her that she felt comfortable and safe around him. That she could trust him with her secrets and that they get along really well. She liked spending time with, teasing him every now and then and play video games together.

But that's nothing out of the ordinary. Right?

And maybe she liked it when he would ruffle a hand through his messy hair when he smiles. Or how his brown eyes made her go soft inside. How his hugs made her feel safe and comforted and—

With an abrupt move, Lillian sat up in her bunk, almost bumping her head against the ceiling of it. "Stop it, Lilly." She mumbled to herself, grazing her fingers over face. "You're just imagining things. If Kay hadn't said anything, you wouldn't be thinking this way." The words came out sternly, but she didn't know if she believed them yet.