𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

ROADTRIP | CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

|❤︎|

THIRD PERSON !
°✈︎༄❤︎➪
Maryland, Rocky Gap State Park
_________________________________

IT TOOK QUITE some convincing to get the unhappy couple tag along on the hiking trip, but Daniel had enough of their shitty mood and made them go anyways.

And Valerie's enthusiasm was very convincing. She loves hiking and nature, so when she learned to know that someone heard her ideas— it made her so excited. "Has everyone filled their bottle?" Scanning the faces, she saw everyone nod and holding their bottles with water.

Daniel was standing beside her, admiring the pure look in her eyes as she explained their trail. Her smile was wide and her cheeks were perked up like they were never going to relax again. He found her cute when she acts like this.

"Okay everyone, follow me!" With a skip in her step, Valerie led the group the way to their 'great adventure' of the day.

Tate, almost as excited, pulled Jonah along with her as she fixed her cap to avoid any sunburn. She didn't want to get nauseous.

Trailing on the very end was Zach who was huffing the whole way, staring holes in the back which belonged to his girlfriend. She had been ignoring him since the fight, and Zach felt powerless to her icy glares. He couldn't tell what she was thinking, if it was a guard to keep him away or if she really felt so cold towards him. He couldn't sleep very well either, his mind kept on drifting to the fight and he felt so done with her. Done with their relationship, with her. . . with everything. He just didn't dare to make the first step, but he knew one of them had to do it. This wasn't healthy anymore.

And he didn't deserve to feel so neglected by his own girlfriend. And when she was 'trying', she was actually only pushing him away further.

Next to the blonde walked a lonely Lillian, who felt out of place. She did her best to enjoy the trail, making pictures every so often and trying to make jokes to lift Kay's mood. But even she was being ignored, even though she had been there for her the whole time.

"Kay, look." Pointing at a pretty bird, Lilly captured the moment while Kay didn't react. The blonde chewed the inside of her cheek, her brows lifting with hope. "What do you want to see today? I heard they have beautiful views." Still, no reaction. "Beautiful views make beautiful Instagram posts." She tried again, smiling at her friend as she made poses. At the lack of reaction, Lilly felt her shoulder slump and she rolled her eyes. "Fine, be moody." She mumbled and paused to catch the pace of Zach. "I hope you are in a better mood."