Part 5

Sivaangi was unsure of what was going to happen next. Ashwin had cut the call before she could ask him not to come and when she tried to call back it was switched off. It was not the first time he was coming to see her. There were a couple of instances in the past when they had met without anyone's knowledge but their unnamed equation was different then. He was extremely protective and caring, and his undivided attention for her often made the lines between them too blurry to make sense of.

But, that was a long time ago. Today, there was nothing between them except for a painful past that she fights hard every single day to let go of. He showed her a dream only to wake her up and slit her throat.

Strangely, at every low moment of hers, she would always feel his presence by her side. As if she was wrapped up in his arms and he was comforting her. Though he was not physically present, it was their moments from the past that calmed her down and lifted her up. How crazy is it when the thing that rips your heart apart is the same thing that heals you in a moment? He was her poison but he was her cure too.

Her love for him never changed. In their initial days, honestly it was just an admiration. But, his respect, care, support, motivation and understanding made her fall for him. There have been days when she introspected to find the moment, her admiration changed to love, but it was impossible. It just made her fall more in love with him and she stopped questioning it.

She distracted herself with music and work to keep her mind and heart focused on other things. But none of those helped when she felt all alone in a room full of people. It was his thoughts, their thoughts that filled her heart and soul, and kept her alive. Love is not always mutual and she became the perfect example.

She loved him unconditionally without expectations and she still did the same. But she valued her self-respect so much more that she did not even want to ask him why after he explicitly asked her to stay out of his life. She just left and she wasn't going to let him waltz back into her life as well.

Her thoughts were broken when her mobile started ringing again and she was sure to check the caller ID this time. "Manna 😍"

She sighed out and declined his call. He kept on calling until she switched off her mobile.

In a couple of minutes, she heard her door bell ringing. She knew he was stubborn but she did not think that he was going to have the guts to face her parents in the middle of the night.

She thanked God that her parents and brother were out for a family function and she was alone. What was he trying to prove? She asked herself before calling him back.

Ashwin: Ma... Enaku unna ippove paakanum.

Sivaangi: Neenga dane I don't think we should be in touch anymore nu soneenga. Adhey dan nanum solren. Let's not.

Ashwin: En sonen nu kooda keka thonala la unaku? Vitu poga sonen.. poita.

She did not respond

Ashwin: Sivaangi Ma... Kenji kekren. Enaku unna paakanum, unkita pesanum.

Sivaangi: Ivlo varshama ilaadha aasa iniku en?

Her voice was shaky and it was evident that she was nervous.

Ashwin: Adukaana badhil un manasuku theriyum.

Sivaangi: Oh... enakum manasu iruku nu theriyuma ungalku?

Now her voice was breaking and he sensed that she was crying.

Ashwin: Please ma. Open the door. Let me in.

Sivaangi: I can take care of myself.

Ashwin: I know you can but that does not mean you have to. I am here.