Part 24

There she was. In his home. To make sure he was fine. Defying every norm out there to stay true to her heart. 

She never failed to show him or the world how much she cared for him. She did not even think twice before confessing her admiration for him to the entire world on the day she met him nor did she ever regret it. 

Selfless and unconditional were just mere words and could never measure up to all that she was and is. No words in any language could rightly describe all of her.

She was unapologetically and unabashedly herself, and by no means anyone could ever take that away. Thug Queen for a reason afterall.

Wasn't she too perfect to be human?

He often felt that the sole purpose of his life was attained the minute he fell in love with her.

His center of gravity had shifted the second he laid eyes on her. He felt it in his heart and soul though he couldn't completely comprehend the depth of it until later. It happened by a force of nature and it was irrevocable.

No one in all of these 35 years has ever pierced into his soul. She challenged every belief and view of his but also accepted and celebrated everything about him as is. Although it sounds very contradicting, that was how she broke his shell and embraced his most vulnerable and raw self.

There was no escape. All of his senses and every emotion of his surrendered to her heart of gold. He let her captivate him and she did, with just those deep brown glowing eyes. In her heart, he felt safe.

Buried deep inside of her, he found his true self. Without all his insecurities weighing him down. The happy, fun, joyous and confident self. He was reborn. 

She made him feel like the luckiest man on earth every single day and with her he truly was. 

Even in these years of separation, he strongly believed that he was in her prayers and those prayers were protecting him against all odds. She might not have been with him physically, but she always was with him in his mind, heart and soul. 

She was his constant. She was his hope. She was his prayer. She was his dream.

Deluged with their memories, he stood still.

"Dei Mapla", Rakshan scowled at him.

Rakshan: Ava unna paaka dan da vandhurka. Ipdi sela madri ninnute iruka poriya?

(She is here to see you. How long are you going stay here?)

It was still sinking in. He still thought all of this could just be a weird dream of his.

He had envisioned a lot about bringing her home and not once he thought it would happen the way it did.

The two most important women in his life have met for the very first time. 

"Nijamma inga irukaala da?"

(Is she really here?)

Ashwin asked with an innocent look on his face that earned a death glare from his best friend.

"Moracha? Nanga bayandhuduvoma?"

(Do you think this stare would intimidate me? Think again)

"Nee enaku bayapda venam. Veliya en thagam iruka. Nee vandhu seru.. na poren."

(You don't have to worry about my stare, but my sister is outside. Come whenever you feel like)

Rakshan smirked and walked away to the living room without waiting for him to respond.